can you get random words with a specific number of syllables?

Gus

May 17, 2022, 5:31:34 PM5/17/22
to Wordnik API
Hi,

I'm looking at the documentation for randomWords, and while I don't see an option to get words based on the number syllables, I thought I'd ask in hopes that the documentation is either out of date or that the feature could one day be implemented.

It would be super helpful for writing poetry and song lyrics.

thanks!

Erin McKean

May 18, 2022, 10:31:09 AM5/18/22
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gus!

We don't have this data available at the moment, but it's on the roadmap! We're hoping to have some improvements and fixes to the random word endpoint by the end of the year.

Thanks for using the Wordnik API!

Yours,

Erin

Gus

May 18, 2022, 6:03:40 PM5/18/22
to Wordnik API
Thanks Erin! I'm not sure if the API is open sourced but I'd love to help out somehow if possible.

If not, is there a mailing list or something I can subscribe to for updates?