WCMTL Schedule is up (theoretically still tentative)

Jeremy Clarke

Jul 7, 2009, 9:53:06 PM7/7/09
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, this email is going out to the wordcampmtl google group and
BCC'd to each of the speakers individually.

---------------------------------------
Public Service Announcement: WE NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!
Sorry to nag about it but only 3 people have signed up to help with
the registration table and setup stuff and that won't be enough at
all. If necessary I can be pulling people out of WordCamp and just
asking them if they'll take a shift but it would be good to have a few
more people sign up officially. If you can spare a couple hours on one
of the days it would be really helpful. We can refund your ticket if
you promise to take a couple of shifts. Thanks!
---------------------------------------

I have put up a tentative hourly schedule for the two days of WordCamp
incorporating all of the talks that we have confirmed:

http://wordcampmontreal.org/schedule/

Sorry it's taken so long, there were changes up until today and I
wanted to avoid publicising a half-baked schedule and confusing
people. This isn't totally permanent and it can be revised but I think
its decent so you can probably work off of it for now.

My goal was to have a balanced flow throughout the weekend of
competing talks and single talks opposite discussion. I'm not exactly
sure how the topics for discussion will be determined but for the most
part they will be user defined somehow. I might just pick a topic for
the first one as there won't be much time beforehand for topic
selection.

The schedule link is obviously live and public but I haven't
publicised it yet because I wanted to give a chance for speakers or
anyone on this list to give me feedback first. If you could wait a day
before linking to it that would be nice in case something needs to be
changed.

Thanks guys.

jer

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org