My time in Montreal

Matt Mullenweg

Jun 8, 2010, 6:32:21 PM6/8/10
to WordCamp Montreal
If it's of any help for planning, I'm going to be in Montreal from
June 14 (Monday) through the beginning of August, gone the weekend of
June 25, July 10th, and July 30th.

Michael Deutsch

Jun 8, 2010, 8:24:00 PM6/8/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
> --
> This email is from the WordCamp Montreal Planning Google Group

Sent from my mobile device

Jeremy Clarke

Jun 9, 2010, 10:50:06 AM6/9/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for stopping by and letting us know when you'll be here Matt! Unfortunately it's looking like we won't have enough time to put together a WordCamp before late august or september.

Sorry for not getting started in time to sync with your visit. If you're ever feeling lonely while you're here let us know and we'll throw a meetup at the bar of your choice :D

jer

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org

Brendan Sera-Shriar

Jun 9, 2010, 11:48:09 AM6/9/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

Ok, I have a few ideas I've been bouncing around outside this thread ...

For those of you who don't know me, I've organized WordCamp Toronto in the past and helped organize many other events and I would liek to help out with wcMtl or at least share my ideas.

I was thinking we should go old school camp style this year! Make a 1 day event (maybe 2 tracks design/dev) built by and hosted by the community, usergroup style. My company, Vanilla, has its offices in a wharehouse at McGill and Wellington we were thinkginwe could host WordCamp here! There are a lot of cool startups and other agencies in the building that would be willing to donate their space for a day. We could set up a few offices for presentations and for chilling! Plus there is a really cool restaurant in the building, I ask them to host lunch a their.

I like the concept of creating a small WordPress city for one day in downtown mtl. Plus the building is in a great location close to old Montreal, restaurants, bars, shopping, parks, metro, etc ...

lmk,

-Brendan

--
This email is from the WordCamp Montreal Planning Google Group

Brendan Sera-Shriar
Social Manager, Vanilla Forums Inc
www.vanillaforums.com
bre...@vanillaforums.com