Montreal WordPress Meetup Jan 14th

Jeremy Clarke

Jan 6, 2010, 12:29:24 PM1/6/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Montreal WordPress people,

It's been awhile since our October dev meetup but hopefully you
haven't all forgotten about WP ;)

We're planning on having another meetup night at Station C next
Thursday January 14th. (or Wednesday January 13th, waiting for Patrick
from Station C to get back to me about their schedule).

My idea is to make it interesting for a more general audience than
last time and give at least a week notice, so I'll be emailing the FB
group by tomorrow night.

Here's what I had in mind for the night.

1 - Plugin Slam: Everyone interested claims a plugin that they love
and is given 2 minutes at the projector to explain what it is and why
its cool. I'm thinking people can tell me the plugins and I'll make a
install on my laptop that has all of them, so they can show us the
admin and what it does. Just in case no one shows up I can also just
make sure I have 10 that I love ready and I'll just talk about them :P

2 - WHAT DO YOU THINK? For the second one I'm open to ideas. If we
don't have anything else then we could do a 'issues upgrading to 2.9'
session along with an overview of new features.

Anyone want to prepare a demo of new stuff in 2.9?

It also might be fun to do a review of what might be coming in 3.0,
lots to get excited about.

Anyone have other ideas?

Please let me know. I'll probably be posting this to the FB group
tomorrow at which point it will be more formal.

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://jeremyclarke.org
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org