* the event will start at 9:30 with talks beginning at 10:00
* morning: two 1hour slots at 10 and 11, then lunch at 12
* afternoon: three 1hour slots at 1, 2 and 3. at 4 closing remarks
* The main room will have a speaker and the second room will
sometimes have a speaker and sometimes have discussions
* We currently have 12-13 speakers lined up, which gives us a solid
list to work with.
# Signs for the event
* We will have two big poster-size signs with our logo and sponsors,
one for outside the door and one for the selling table.
* Inside the event we'll make sure all the screens are showing our
logo and sponsors.
# T Shirts
* Jeremy is currently responsible for shirts.
* We are currently shopping/pricing printers. PLEASE TELL US IF YOU
KNOW A GOOD ONE!
* Currently we have sold 69 tickets but expect a lot more people.
* We will order ~40 extra shirts for late-registrants and walk-ins,
hoping that's enough.
* Ideally we will add to our order in the next week if a lot more
* We want to have an evening event on Saturday night.
* St-Sulpice is a huge outdoor bar on st-denis near the venue.
* Unless the weather is horrible we will make a reservation and tell
everyone to meet there
* WCMTL ends at ~430, we'll tell people to hang around SAT and go to
Sulpice for 6pm
* We'll need some printed out maps for non-locals who might get lost.
* We will be buying simple cord-badges for each participant. It will
be their ticket for re-entrance.
* Because its simpler and often nicer we'll let people write their
* Bureau en Gros has some good cheap solutions for this:
* We'll get 100 of the first (with strings) for people who we know
registered and 100 of the second (cheap ones with pins) for people who
want that instead.
* to make them official we'll need to print little WCMTL stickers to
put on the cards before handing them out.
* We have a TV McGill student who will be filming as many talks as
possible for wordpress.tv
* We will also have someone streaming the event live
* We will set up a Flickr pool for people to add their photos to.
* We will have catered lunch on saturday
* Sunday people can go find somewhere nice, lots of stuff in the
area. Probably an extra-long lunch.
* Snacks will be provided by sponsors hopefully on both days
* Coffee in the morning not yet discussed. Anyone have ideas?
* Sylvain has found many sponsors that cover our core costs.
* A few more will hopefully be added.
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org