Re: [WCMTL] Choose a planning meeting date please.

Message has been deleted

Brendan Sera-Shriar

Jun 8, 2010, 8:35:45 PM6/8/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
I'm good for these dates

Thursday June 10
Friday June 11
Saturday June 12

out of town for the long weekend ...

-brendan

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Shannon Smith (Café Noir Design) <cafenoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sounds like there are a lot of people who are excited about WordCamp
Montreal 2010 and have some great ideas about making the event a
success. I think we need to schedule a planning meeting ASAP. If you
want to help, please state

1) your availability for the following dates
2) your preferred date
3) If nothing works, please suggest an specific alternative.

Dates for the planning meeting:

Thursday June 10
Friday June 11
Saturday June 12
Thursday June 24 (St-Jean Baptiste)
Friday June 25
Tuesday June 29
Wednesday June 30

-Shannon

--
This email is from the WordCamp Montreal Planning Google Group

Brendan Sera-Shriar
Social Manager, Vanilla Forums Inc
www.vanillaforums.com
bre...@vanillaforums.com
@vanilla

Founder/ CEO - digibomb
www.digibombinc.com
dropit@dropthedigibomb
@digibomb

Founder - creer magazine
www.creermag.com
in...@creermag.com
@creermag

Founder - Board Director
PHUG - Open Source Culture
www.phug.ca
@PHUGCulture

Stephane Daury

Jun 9, 2010, 9:16:11 AM6/9/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com

I'm good for:

Thursday June 10
Friday June 11
Friday June 25
Tuesday June 29
Wednesday June 30

June 11th being my preferred date.

Stephane

Jeremy Clarke

Jun 9, 2010, 11:01:58 AM6/9/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, for this kind of thing I think we should use doodle.com, which lets you set up 'polls' of when people might be available for a meeting. It's easy free and gives you an excellent way to visualize people's availability.

I set one up with shannon's dates:

http://www.doodle.com/y7hqtry9uxpfit4w

Steph and Brendan: I filled it out for you based on your responses so that people can see how the system works.

So far it looks like this friday might work if we can find a space. Brendan, are 29 and 30 really no good for you?

jer

doodle-for-wcmtl.png

Brendan Sera-Shriar

Jun 9, 2010, 11:50:46 AM6/9/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

Jer, sorry 29 is fine, 30 if i can get a babysitter ;)

Vanilla is also willing to donate our office for the meeting if needed!

-brendan

--
This email is from the WordCamp Montreal Planning Google Group

Shannon Smith (Café Noir Design)

Jun 10, 2010, 8:45:05 AM6/10/10
to WordCamp Montreal
Looks like tomorrow might be a good day for a first meeting. Time?
Place?

Shannon

Stephane Daury

Jun 10, 2010, 9:34:57 AM6/10/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com

I'm good for 19:30 and up. Anywhere's fine by me.
Station C? Might be a bit late.
Laika? Prob not very conducive to focusing but they have good cider. :)

I'm easy.

Stephane

Jeremy Clarke

Jun 10, 2010, 11:24:14 AM6/10/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com, Patrick Tanguay
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Shannon Smith (Café Noir Design) <cafenoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looks like tomorrow might be a good day for a first meeting. Time?
Place?

I'd prefer earlyish like 6pm if possible, i'm getting on the overnight bus to boston tomorrow night.

Brendan, could we use the vanilla space tomorrow night?

Patrick, do you think we could use the board room at Station C tomorrow night if the Vanilla space isn't available?

If there are less than 10 people then we could use my living room if we can't find another space. 4013 st-laurent #3

Anyone who wants to come please start planning to be available tomorrow evening.

jer

Shannon

--
This email is from the WordCamp Montreal Planning Google Group

Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org

Jeremy Clarke

Jun 10, 2010, 11:25:04 AM6/10/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Stephane Daury <stephan...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm good for 19:30 and up. Anywhere's fine by me.
Station C? Might be a bit late.
Laika? Prob not very conducive to focusing but they have good cider. :)

Oh sorry steph, you said 19:30 then I walked all over it with 1800.

We can start at 19:30, that works for me too.

jer

Brendan Sera-Shriar

Jun 10, 2010, 11:54:43 AM6/10/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com, Patrick Tanguay
I agree 6pm!

Yes you can use our space ... the only thing is we might not have enough chairs, but plenty of space ....

lmk

-brendan

Jeremy Clarke

Jun 10, 2010, 12:14:08 PM6/10/10
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Brendan Sera-Shriar <brother...@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree 6pm!

Yes you can use our space ... the only thing is we might not have enough chairs, but plenty of space ....

Brendan: Can you please send us the address and brief directions?

Everyone else: so its 7:30 PM at Vanilla headquarters in old montreal. Once we have the directions I'll send a message to the facebook group in case anyone there wants to attend.

It will also be a good time to consider the space as a venue for WC itself :)

jer

Brendan Sera-Shriar

Jun 10, 2010, 12:30:24 PM6/10/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com, Patrick Tanguay, Mark O'Sullivan, Todd Burry, t...@vanillaforums.com
Hey guys,

cool ... but 730pm is late!!! I have to get home to my son! can we not start around 6pm and those who trickle later can be updated during a break or via the blog (pretty please)????

Here's a google map
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=645+wellington+street+montreal+quebec&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=39.069747,114.169922&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=645+Rue+Wellington,+Montreal,+Communaut%C3%A9-Urbaine-de-Montr%C3%A9al,+Quebec&ll=45.498248,-73.554872&spn=0.005159,0.013937&z=17

we are unit 411 on the 4th floor.

cc'ing the vanilla crew on this email

--
This email is from the WordCamp Montreal Planning Google Group

Jeremy Clarke

Jun 10, 2010, 1:26:26 PM6/10/10
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Brendan Sera-Shriar <brother...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey guys,

cool ... but 730pm is late!!! I have to get home to my son! can we not start around 6pm and those who trickle later can be updated during a break or via the blog (pretty please)????

Here's a google map
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=645+wellington+street+montreal+quebec&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=39.069747,114.169922&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=645+Rue+Wellington,+Montreal,+Communaut%C3%A9-Urbaine-de-Montr%C3%A9al,+Quebec&ll=45.498248,-73.554872&spn=0.005159,0.013937&z=17

we are unit 411 on the 4th floor.

I also favor 6pm so maybe Steph will just have to be late for it or catch the  next one. I don't know how long it's likely to last but 1.5 hours seems like it would approach the maximum useful time to spend talking at this point.

Shannon you can make it for 6 right?

Shannon Smith (Café Noir Design)

Jun 11, 2010, 9:56:14 AM6/11/10
to WordCamp Montreal
I can't make it until 7:30. I have no one to take my kids at 6. But
you can start without me and I can join you later.

As long as we get the date and venue sorted out, have someone getting
the website organized, and someone getting funding organized, it will
be a great start. I'll volunteer to do all the press stuff (press
releases, media packs, etc). I can also help with any website stuff
(as long as I'm not stepping on someone's toes).

Shannon

On Jun 10, 1:26 pm, Jeremy Clarke <j...@simianuprising.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Brendan Sera-Shriar <
>
> brotherbren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
>
> > cool ... but 730pm is late!!! I have to get home to my son! can we not
> > start around 6pm and those who trickle later can be updated during a break
> > or via the blog (pretty please)????
>
> > Here's a google map
>
> >http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=645+wellin...

Brendan Sera-Shriar

Jun 11, 2010, 9:58:40 AM6/11/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
sounds good to me...

i hope we can figure most of this out tonight, or at least get started ...

as with Shannon, i'm willing to help with press and web as well...

plus, since i've organized many events, i can help with the nitty gritty, gear and equip, scheduling, food, badges, etc ...

-brendan

--
This email is from the WordCamp Montreal Planning Google Group

Eva Blue

Jun 11, 2010, 10:02:52 AM6/11/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
hey everyone,

been kinda busy and festival season is beginning. i want to help but i can't come to all these meetings. so i'll be monitoring the group and seeing what i can do or let me know if you'd like me to do anything.

keep me in mind.

thanks!
eva

Jeremy Clarke

Jun 11, 2010, 11:23:35 AM6/11/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Shannon Smith (Café Noir Design) <cafenoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can't make it until 7:30. I have no one to take my kids at 6. But
you can start without me and I can join you later.

As long as we get the date and venue sorted out, have someone getting
the website organized, and  someone getting funding organized, it will
be a great start. I'll volunteer to do all the press stuff (press
releases, media packs, etc). I can also help with any website stuff
(as long as I'm not stepping on someone's toes).

Is it me or does that make it me and brendan at 6, then shannon and steph at 730? That is such weird timing, sorry Brendan, but I'm super busy today so I think I'll come for around  7:15 as well and we can hopefully just have a quick meeting and make some key decisions. I will have to leave by 9 at the absolute latest anyway.

jer

Brendan Sera-Shriar

Jun 11, 2010, 1:54:48 PM6/11/10
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
ok ...

well i'm here anyways ... i have to be out of by 9 at the latest as well ...

see you all around 715 ... btw it's byob ;p

-brendan

--
This email is from the WordCamp Montreal Planning Google Group