Sponsors for shirt

Jeremy Clarke

Jul 2, 2009, 8:08:29 PM7/2/09
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
We tried our best but some of the sponsors demand that we list them on
the shirt.

Sylvain managed to convince them that a 'sponsor cloud' of just text
of their names would be a cool way to make it more blog-like while
also saying the names of sponsors.

I put together a 'sponsor cloud' with our sponsors as well as a normal
set of logos. We will probably have to decide by tomorrow, but anyone
who gets this and has an opinion please let me know which you think is
less worse :)

ALSO: It looks like we will have both dark grey and white shirts
available because iWeb is very eager to print us white ones. STRANGE
MUCH? Maybe some people will prefer white?

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org

Picture 13.png
Picture 14.png

Christine Prefontaine

Jul 2, 2009, 8:21:05 PM7/2/09
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
When I was working for telecentre.org someone (Mark?) had the great idea to list everyone out in the same font. This went on the back of the shirt with a unifying tagline. You can see here how it looked:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marksurman/315863649/in/set-72157594408516988/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marksurman/315852485/in/set-72157594408516988/

Shirts were done in two languages and colors. This avoided the dreaded-logo-soup syndrome and kept everyone happy. (That said, under this block we had the logos of our three main sponsors. Nothing's perfect.)

Good luck,

C.

Sylvain Carle

Jul 2, 2009, 8:57:31 PM7/2/09
to WordCamp Montreal
I like the first one better, but it could be tighter (names a bit
closer) - Try running the words in wordle.net just for fun...
>  Picture 13.png
> 41KViewDownload
>
>  Picture 14.png
> 70KViewDownload

Frances Palaschuk

Jul 2, 2009, 9:10:25 PM7/2/09
to wordc...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeremy, I like PNG 14.

Thanks!
Frances

Pier-Luc Petitclerc

Jul 3, 2009, 10:47:22 AM7/3/09
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
I'm in for Picture 14 as well (the second). I think it's more representative of the sponsors (keeping their logos) all the while being blog-like (monotone tag cloud style). Sooo yeah I'd go with 2nd.
--
- pL

Andrea DeMers

Jul 3, 2009, 2:21:46 PM7/3/09
to WordCamp Montreal
Hi Jeremy,

I also prefer picture 14. However, it would look nicer without the
first line "WorCamp Montreal Thanks/Merci a". Is it required?

Also, if there is a size small white t-shirt, I'll take it. :-)

Cheers,
Andrea

Jeremy Clarke

Jul 3, 2009, 2:29:04 PM7/3/09
to wordc...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Andrea DeMers<andrea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I also prefer picture 14. However, it would look nicer without the
> first line "WorCamp Montreal Thanks/Merci a". Is it required?

It's a matter of opinion I guess, but I hate shirts that have sponsors
on teh back with no explanation. It's just a mess. At least this way
it says 'wordcamp montreal' on the back so someone sitting behind you
can get a sense of what its about instead of just seing logo soup.

So at this point it sounds like actual logos are a pretty clear
winner. This is fine by me as IMHO we might as it will make the
sponsors happier and they all have decent logos, especially NFB/ONF,
who's logo actually *improves* our reputation as far as I'm concerned
:)

Glad to know we'll have at least one person choosing a white shirt.
I'll try to make them exact opposites of the grey ones.