Site Update?

1 view

DazzlinDonna

Sep 3, 2008, 5:58:27 PM9/3/08
to WordCampBirmingham
I've got people clamoring for info, but the site is lacking pretty
much everything they want to know about. Also have people wanting to
get their hands on graphics/badges to display, but those aren't up yet
either. I hate to keep asking, but those of us from out of town could
*really* use a little extra info so we can make hotel arrangements.
And I'd love to really hit up all my social peeps with some promotion,
but there's just not enough info to give them yet. Any extra info
that can be posted to the birmingham.wordpress.org site would be
totally awesome, as well as badges we can display. Ok, I promise,
that's the last time I'll ask/beg/plead. :)

Andre

Sep 3, 2008, 7:30:33 PM9/3/08
to WordCampBirmingham
Hey everybody:

Members of the planning committee met this afternoon to move forward
on several fronts.

One thing that we decided to do was not to leave this group open. This
will now serve as a one-stop shop for organizers, speakers and
interested parties in terms of next steps with the conference. I think
the porn videos probably led to that decision ;)

Second, if you visit the Files section, you will now find badges for
your websites, social media network, et. al. We'll also be putting
them up on our website later on this evening (hopefully before 6:30
p.m.)

It's our intention to upload a preliminary schedule by 8:30 a.m. CDT
tomorrow morning (just in time for us to mention the site at an IPSA
(Internet Professionals Society of Alabama) meeting tomorrow.

We'll also be uploading a list of hotels that currently have rooms
available for the weekend. From what we're aware of, the major event
that weekend is the Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival, so some of the
options may be outside of the downtown area but still relatively
close. Hopefully we'll have a carpooling info exchange set up as well
by Friday morning for those that may be interested in coming into town
together.

Short descriptions of talks should also be available starting Friday
as well. If you're presenting, we'd love to have a headshot and a
brief description (maybe 2-3 sentences) to post on the site by next
week Wednesday.

We'll keep it moving forward as quickly as possible and hope that many
of you will register for the conference in the coming days and tell
your friends.

Cheers,

Andre

DazzlinDonna