Street Sweeping and Cherry Blossom Celebration 🌸🎶🌸

Wooster Square Watch

Mar 31, 2022, 5:53:40 PM3/31/22
to Wooster Square Google Group
Dear Neighbors,

Here are several updates for you as we head into April 🌸☂️🌸

STREET SWEEPING
Street sweeping starts again tomorrow in Wooster Square - April 1-November 1!

If you see signs posted on your street, please be sure to move your cars tomorrow, Friday - April 1st by 7am.  Next week you will see signs on other streets for the 1st Thursday of the month during these spring/summer/fall months.

The City will ticket cars that are not moved.

CHERRY BLOSSOM CELEBRATION

🌸🌸🌸 Celebrate the Cherry Blossoms

on Sunday, April 24 - 12noon-4:30pm
Wooster Square Park, New Haven CT 🌸🌸🌸

It’s Back!!!  The Wooster Square Cherry Blossom Celebration Committee is delighted to be planning the 2022 Cherry Blossom celebration! This year’s event will be scaled back and consist of music in the Park and food trucks around the Park on Academy Street and Wooster Place - allowing for less congestion in the Park.  We welcome Wooster Square residents and Cherry Blossom enthusiasts to bring their chairs or a blanket and enjoy a concert and a picnic in the Park all afternoon.

Celebration Sponsors are needed and welcome! Please let me know if you or your company would like to Sponsor the Cherry Blossom Celebration this year! Your name will be prominently featured in the Souvenir Program!

Also, please let me know if you would like to volunteer! Here are some ways you can help out!

  • stencil painting on pathways in the park
  • set up banner on stage and be available for support as musical groups switch
  • welcome people to the Celebration and highlight where food trucks and carts are located
  • hand out programs during the afternoon as they last
  • help with social distancing lines at the food trucks
  • assure porta potties have toilet paper, and that sanitizing stands are filled
  • other tasks as emerge during the day
  • end of concert clean up around park and food trucks
Happy Spring Everyone 🌸🌷🌸

Sarah

Sarah B. Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

City of New Haven COVID-19 Call Line - 203.946.4949
Non-Emergency Police Service - 203.946.6316
New Haven Police District Manager Lt. Brendan Borer - bbo...@newhavenct.gov