Fwd: [Safe Streets] TONIGHT - NCAT EVENT: The Street Project at Albertus Magnus College

WoosterSqWatch

Mar 20, 2023, 3:51:15 PM3/20/23
to Wooster Sq Google Group
Greetings Neighbors,

As spring begins, so do many new activities.

Here's an event this evening which I just learned about - relevant particularly to those who are New Haven bicycle riders.

Happy Spring 🌷🌞🌷

Sarah

Sarah B.  Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

Wooster Square Watch brings together Wooster Square neighbors through sharing information to enhance public safety, address quality of life issues, and promote rewarding, neighborly relationships.

Numbers to Keep Handy:
City of New Haven Health Dept. COVID-19 Info Line - 203-946-4949
NON-EMERGENCY Police Service – 203-946-6316
NON-EMERGENCY Fire Department – 203-946-6990
ANONYMOUS TIPS - 866-888-TIPS (8477) or 203-946-6296
New Haven Police/Downtown/Wooster Square District Manager -
Lt. Brendan Borer -  bborer@newhavenct.gov
City of New Haven Snow Information Line: 203-946-7669
City of New Haven Emergency Operations:  203-946-8221
CAR TOWED? Call City Non-Emergency Police Service - 203-946-6316
Public Works & Parks – 203-946-7700 (Pothole Repair, Recycling, Bulk Trash or Appliance Pick-Up; Park needs)
Traffic & Parking - 203-946-8055
Livable City Initiative (LCI) – 203-200-8350 or anat...@newhavenct.gov (Arthur Natalino, Downtown/Wooster Sq)
New Haven Public Schools/Choice & Enrollment – 475-220-1431
Tree Trimming –  203-946-8004
Connection to Social Services: dial "211" from any phone http://www.211ct.org/
Elderly Services – 203-946-7854
Historic Wooster Square Association - www.historicwoostersquare.org

From: Lorena Mitchell <lorena...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 9:39 AM
To: <safe-streets-comple...@googlegroups.com>

Tonight, Monday March 20th from 6 - 8 PM! Albertus Magnus College, Behan Community Room in the Albert Campus Center, 831 Winchester Ave.

The New Haven Coalition for Active Transportation will showcase the film The Street Project and host an open discussion with community members on improving New Haven's streets for all cyclists. As New Haven is a recipient of the Safe Streets and Roads grant, awarding the city $400,000 to improve our inner city streets, sidewalks, bike lanes, and more. Our viewing comes on time to highlight the importance of this awarded grant. Read more about Safe Streets for All grant program here.

Worldwide, more than a million people die in traffic-related crashes each year. Half of those deaths are pedestrians and cyclists. THE STREET PROJECT is an inspiring story about a massive movement across the US and worldwide to reclaim our most significant public spaces, our streets.

Please join us in conversations on how we can continue improving our city—your voice, ideas, & suggestions matter. RSVP Here!
--
Lorena Mitchell