Additional Updates

Wooster Square Watch

Sep 20, 2022, 8:00:48 PM9/20/22
to Wooster Square Google Group
Greetings All -

Some additional community updates …

Public Safety

Lt. Borer shared more information about the vehicle issues in Wooster Square. Between the dates of 8/29-9/8/22, three vehicles were broken into on St. John street; one vehicle was also broken into near the area of 113 Wooster Street; vehicles were stolen from Lyon Street; and two vehicles were stolen from Wooster Street. Lt. Borer has tags that can be hung in cars stating there is “nothing to steal here - valuables removed”. You can pick them up at the community sub-station at 900 Chapel Street. You can also ask Officer Consiglio about accessing them when you see him in the neighborhood.

Public Health

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently approved an updated COVID-19 booster shot that helps protect against the omicron variant, which is currently the leading cause of COVID-19.  Individuals 12 years old and up who received their original vaccine or received their last booster dose more than two months ago are now eligible to receive the new booster shot. Getting a booster dose now can help protect you and your loved ones from severe illness, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19, and is especially important as we head into the colder fall and winter months.

The New Haven Health Department offers COVID-19 vaccines on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and until 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays. The Health Department is located at 54 Meadow Street and no appointment is needed. To find another vaccine provider close to you, you can visit COVID19.newhavenct.gov or call the New Haven Health Department at 203-946-6999.

New Haven Climate Movement Rally:

Friday, September 23rd at 4pm
Location: Corner of Elm and Church St
The New Haven Climate Movement, a youth led grass-roots organization pushing for climate action in New Haven and beyond, is organizing a climate rally on Friday, September 23rd at 4pm on the corner of Elm and Church St. The rally will include calls for action around climate education, transportation, electrification, and more. This rally is a good chance to gain more knowledge on climate change impacts, local policy, and what we can do as a community to actively fight climate change. Check out the flyer below for details:

Little Free Library Needs Some Help
Our Little Free Library on Academy Street needs someone who can help us repair it’s left door - it fell off and is inside the Little Library. Please drop me an email if you are able to repair this little gem.

image0.jpeg

Be safe and well!

Sarah

Sarah B. Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

City of New Haven COVID-19 Call Line - 203.946.4949
Non-Emergency Police Service - 203.946.6316
New Haven Police District Manager Lt. Brendan Borer - bbo...@newhavenct.gov