Community Updates

WoosterSqWatch

Sep 30, 2021, 4:15:42 PM9/30/21
to Wooster Sq Google Group
Dear Neighbors ...

I finally made it to a CompStat Zoom Meeting this morning and have a few public safety and other updates to share.

CompStat Report (9/11-9/26)
  • 9/11/21 - Robbery at 83 Olive Street (11:40am)
  • 9/15-16 - Motor vehicle thefts (4 rentals not returned) from 170 Olive Street
  • 9/17 - Larceny from vehicles at Olive & Chapel Streets (8:45am) and 37 Wooster Place (3:10pm)
  • 9/23 - Burglary at La Bella Vita on 175 Wooster Street (2am)
No Parking on Friday
Today I saw No Parking signs for Friday posted on several Wooster Square Streets - be sure to check your streets for these signs. They really do ticket at $100 (I learned the hard way two weeks ago when I forgot my own advice 😞)

Historic Wooster Square Association Neighborhood Improvement Survey
Please see the link below for a neighborhood improvement survey sponsored by the Historic Wooster Square Association (HWSA) which has the potential to receive a $500,000 grant from the State of Connecticut for neighborhood improvements. The details of this grant are not yet confirmed but the HWSA is seeking input about your ideas for how best to use this funding if it is received. Your feedback will help start setting priorities and brainstorming potential projects to improve the neighborhood.

To contribute your thoughts about our neighborhood and its needs, please fill out the following survey by Friday, October 8th. The survey should only take 7-10 minutes to complete.

The survey will also give you the opportunity to (optionally) express interest in being involved in this project and the HWSA's work. Feel free to contact Edward Dunar (edward...@gmail.com) or Rahul Shah (rahuldee...@gmail.com) of the HWSA Board for questions about this survey or how to get involved with the organization.

The Historic Wooster Square Association Board thanks you for your time and support.

Absentee Ballots Available October 1st
 Absentee ballots technically become available on Friday, October 1 for the November 2 election. Here is the link to download an application. The City Clerk’s Office said the ballots sometimes arrive in their office a day or two late, but they should be available very soon after October 1.

The Secretary of State’s Office website has helpful information about absentee ballots, including stating that COVID-19 may be used as a valid reason for requesting an absentee ballot for the upcoming election.

You may place absentee ballot applications and absentee ballots in the drop boxes outside of 200 Orange Street. You also can drop them off at the City Clerk’s Office on the second floor of 200 Orange Street or mail them in.

Residential Parking Permits Expire TODAY
Residential parking permits (for folks who live in a residential parking zone) expire on September 30. You can apply for your permit (and three guest passes) on the city website. If you sign up online, your guest passes will be mailed to you. As you may recall, there no longer is a decal for your own vehicle. This link has general information about residential parking permits, including how to apply in person or by mail if you prefer.

Have a safe and fun Fall week-end 🍂🍁🍂🍁

Sarah

Sarah B.  Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

The goal of the Wooster Square Watch is to bring together people who live and work in the Wooster Square neighborhood to enhance public safety, address quality of life issues, and promote rewarding, neighborly relationships.

Numbers to Keep Handy:
City of New Haven Health Dept. COVID-19 Info Line - 203-946-4949
NON-EMERGENCY Police Service – 203-946-6316
NON-EMERGENCY Fire Department – 203-946-6990
ANONYMOUS TIPS - 866-888-TIPS (8477) or 203-946-6296
City of New Haven Snow Information Line: 203-946-7669
City of New Haven Emergency Operations:  203-946-8221
CAR TOWED? Call City Non-Emergency Police Service - 203-946-6316
New Haven Police/Downtown/Wooster Square District Manager - Lt. Sean Maher - smaher@newhavenct.gov
Public Works – 203-946-7700 (Pothole Repair, Recycling, Bulk Trash or Appliance Pick-Up)
Livable City Initiative (LCI) – 203-200-8350 or anat...@newhavenct.gov (Arthur Natalino, Downtown/Wooster Square)
New Haven Public Schools/Choice & Enrollment – 475-220-1431
Tree Trimming –  203-946-8004
Connection to Social Services: dial "211" from any phone http://www.211ct.org/
Elderly Services – 203-946-7854
Historic Wooster Square Association - www.historicwoostersquare.org