New Year Updates

1 view

WoosterSqWatch

Jan 5, 2023, 2:57:12 PM1/5/23
to Wooster Sq Google Group
❄ Happy 2023 ❄

Here are a few updates as we start a new year!

Public Safety
At today's first Compstat Meeting of the year, two vehicle break-ins were reported in Wooster Square over the holidays. On 12/16 at 121 Wooster Street a car was unlocked and a knife was stolen. On 12/27 at 52 Warren Street a computer was stolen from the trunk of a car which appeared to have no forced entry. Police are waiting for video security footage to learn more.

A reminder to all: please remember to lock your cars AND remove valuables.

Christmas Tree Pickup 🎄

From the Department of Parks and Public Works: "Christmas Trees will be picked up the same day as your trash and recycling. Trees MUST be bare - NO TINSEL/ORNAMENTS/PLASTIC BAGS, ETC - and left at the curb. Discarded trees will be picked up until January 27th. After that date, you will need to bring your tree to the transfer station for disposal."

I hope you all find health, joy, safety and peace in the new year!

Sarah

Sarah B. Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

City of New Haven COVID-19 Call Line - 203.946.4949
Non-Emergency Police Service - 203.946.6316
New Haven Police District Manager Lt. Brendan Borer - bbo...@newhavenct.gov