Community Updates

WoosterSqWatch

Jul 22, 2022, 10:10:24 AM7/22/22
to Wooster Sq Google Group
Greetings neighbors!

Here are a few updates as we head into the week-end!

Public Safety
Per the bi-weekly CompStat Meeting yesterday morning (via zoom), there was one larceny from a vehicle in
Wooster Square over the past two weeks at 20 Fair Street on  Monday July 11 at 6:21pm.
There was also a shoplifting episode at Elm City Market on July 7th at 4pm - the suspect fled the scene.

Summer Music Downtown

Enjoy live music from a different local band each Saturday, while a local artist paints an eight-foot mural at 56 Broadway. Click here for details! →

Summer Music on Wooster Street
And don't forget the summer music on Wooster Street on Wednesday evenings at 7pm with
Tony V and friends

Primary Day - August 9th
Republican and Democratic Primaries for state elected offices will be held on Tuesday, August 9th. Our Ward 8 voting location is at the Conte/West Hills School at 511 Chapel Street - at the Gym located in the back of the School.  If you have any questions or concerns you may contact
the Registrar of Voters office at 203-946-8035.

Staying Cool
As we continue to experience a heat wave here in CT, remember to stay hydrated - drink more
water than usual and plenty of fluids. If you know anyone who needs a break from the heat,
City libraries and Senior Centers have been activated as Cooling Centers for residents, and splash pads at City parks are also operational. You can find the latest updates at newhavenct.gov

Enjoy the week-end everyone!

Sarah

Sarah B.  Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

Wooster Square Watch brings together Wooster Square neighbors through sharing information to enhance public safety, address quality of life issues, and promote rewarding, neighborly relationships.

Numbers to Keep Handy:
City of New Haven Health Dept. COVID-19 Info Line - 203-946-4949
NON-EMERGENCY Police Service – 203-946-6316
NON-EMERGENCY Fire Department – 203-946-6990
ANONYMOUS TIPS - 866-888-TIPS (8477) or 203-946-6296
City of New Haven Snow Information Line: 203-946-7669
City of New Haven Emergency Operations:  203-946-8221
CAR TOWED? Call City Non-Emergency Police Service - 203-946-6316
New Haven Police/Downtown/Wooster Square District Manager - Lt. Brendan Borer -  bborer@newhavenct.gov
Public Works & Parks – 203-946-7700 (Pothole Repair, Recycling, Bulk Trash or Appliance Pick-Up; Park needs)
Traffic & Parking - 203-946-8055
Livable City Initiative (LCI) – 203-200-8350 or anat...@newhavenct.gov (Arthur Natalino, Downtown/Wooster Square)
New Haven Public Schools/Choice & Enrollment – 475-220-1431
Tree Trimming –  203-946-8004
Connection to Social Services: dial "211" from any phone http://www.211ct.org/
Elderly Services – 203-946-7854
Historic Wooster Square Association - www.historicwoostersquare.org