Cherry Blossoms in Bloom 🌸

1 view

WoosterSqWatch

Apr 12, 2024, 4:17:30 PMApr 12
to Wooster Sq Google Group
Greetings Neighbors,

I write with several week-end updates and reminders...

Cherry Blossom Festival 🌸 Sunday, April 14, 2024
It’s that time of year again!  The blossoms have popped in our beautiful neighborhood! AND, the weather looks promising for the Wooster Square Cherry Blossom Festival this Sunday in Wooster Square Park from 12-4:30pm. There will be energizing music all afternoon and diverse food trucks along Academy Street and much more! Bring a blanket and chairs to enjoy a picnic in the Park. You can find out more about the Festival at www.historicwoostersquare.org

A few reminders about the Cherry Blossom Festival:
🌸  Please look for no parking sign reminders on both Academy Street and Wooster Place for Sunday between 9am and  5pm on April 14.
🌸  Cars will be towed if not moved. There will be no traffic allowed in both streets as well.
🌸  Please remember to respect our cherry blossom trees - do not climb the trees, or shake or break the branches, and please do not pick the blossoms.

April 16 @ 7pm - Joint Legislation/Public Safety Committee Meeting on Red Light and Speed Cameras

There will be a joint Board of Alders Legislation and Public Safety Committee meeting to discuss an ordinance to establish the use of automated traffic enforcement safety devices in the city — including red light and speed cameras. Read the recent New Haven Independent article on the announcement — including the 19 proposed locations — here. Community members may come in-person to testify or submit written testimony to publict...@newhavenct.gov. The Joint Meeting will be held in the Board of Alders Chambers at City Hall (165 Church Street) or can be streamed here.

Reminder: Dogs on City Streets and in City Parks Must Be Leashed at all Times
There have been recent reports of dog owners letting dogs run around without their leashes in Wooster Street Memorial Park where many parents bring their small children to play. A reminder that all dog walkers must assure that dogs are on a leash in our community parks and on City streets, and must also pick up after their dogs. Please be respectful of children's play areas by walking dogs away from the areas where small children are using swings or jungle gyms.

Enjoy the sun 🌞 that keeps trying to come out - and we hope to see you at the Cherry Blossom Festival on Sunday 🌸

Sarah

Sarah B. Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

City of New Haven COVID-19 Call Line - 203.946.4949
Non-Emergency Police Service - 203.946.6316
New Haven Police District Manager Lt. Brendan Borer - bbo...@newhavenct.gov
Ward 8 Alder Ellen Cupo - Wa...@newhavenct.gov, 203.584.7071

Sarah

Sarah B. Greenblatt