Fwd: New Haven Community Crisis Response Team Message

Wooster Square Watch

Oct 21, 2021, 3:00:13 PM10/21/21
to Wooster Square Google Group
Greetings again!

Here is an announcement from the City about a new community crisis response team - something many advocates have promoted for a long time. There several are public town hall meetings over the next week that you can register for below.

Enjoy yet another summer like day 🌞

Sarah

Sarah B. Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

City of New Haven COVID-19 Call Line - 203.946.4949
Non-Emergency Police Service - 203.946.6316
New Haven Police District Manager Lt. Brendan Borer -bbo...@newhavenct.gov

Begin forwarded message:

From: New Haven Alerts <nor...@everbridge.net>
Date: October 21, 2021 at 1:45:24 PM EDT
To: wooster...@gmail.com
Subject: New Haven Community Crisis Response Team Message

New Haven ALERTS
Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message

Dear New Haven Residents,

Our team has been working hard over the past year and a half to reimagine our approach to public safety. In addition to the creation of the new Department of Community Resilience, we are also forming a Community Crisis Response team. We announced today a series of three Town Hall events the City is sponsoring. The event is coordinated by The Connecticut Mental Health Center through its Program from Recovery and Community Health to collaborate and gather input from the community to inform the design and implementation of the New Haven Community Crisis Response Team.

The team will be an additional first response unit that specializes in de-escalation, harm reduction, and providing rapid access to social services during moments of distress. This alternative team will be dispatched in response to 911 and non-emergency calls to address diverse issues that do not require a law enforcement presence.

I extend an invitation to you, your family, and friends to participate with us at any of the following events:

 If you would like sign language interpretation services at any town hall meetings, don't hesitate to contact 475-212-2510 or cc...@newhavenct.gov at least 72 hours before the event.

We are looking to hearing from you! If you can't make it to any of the Town Hall meetings, then please use any of the following methods to submit your input and be part of the process:

 It is so important to hear from you, so please take some time to participate in any way that you can.

Always serving you,

Mayor Justin Elicker

If you would like to edit the way you receive these messages, please visit:  https://www.newhavenct.gov/gov/depts/emergency_info/alerts.htm