Neighborhood Public Safety Update

Wooster Square Watch

Mar 22, 2022, 5:38:00 PM3/22/22
to Wooster Square Google Group
Dear Neighbors -

Lt. Borer just passed on information regarding a robbery in the St Andrew’s parking lot at 527 Chapel Street. Here is the report.

On Saturday 3/19/22 at 8:07pm NHPD was dispatched to the area of 527 Chapel Street for a robbery. The officers met with the victim who stated that he was unloading groceries from his vehicle in the area when he was approached by four black males (all approximately 20 years of age). The victim reported that the males surrounded the him and demanded the keys to his vehicle. He also reported that one of the males slapped the victim across the face and the victim handed over the car keys. The four offenders reportedly then entered the victim’s vehicle and fled the scene.

The offenders reportedly appeared to pick up a fifth subject while they fled on Chapel Street. The victim was not injured during this incident. Identification of the offenders is not possible at this time. Officers located video surveillance of the incident but this only assisted in gaining clothing descriptions of the subjects. At this time, the vehicle has not yet been recovered.

Lt. Borer suggested that the more we know about these types of incidents, the more we can report suspicious behavior and reduce the chances of being victims.  He also shared that many of these crimes are crimes of opportunity - and urged we be aware of our surroundings, travel with a partner/groups, and be in populated areas to reduce the opportunity for some of these incidents.

I will share updates as I have them. Be vigilant and safe as we head into Spring and the great outdoors.

My best,

Sarah

Sarah B. Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

City of New Haven COVID-19 Call Line - 203.946.4949
Non-Emergency Police Service - 203.946.6316
New Haven Police District Manager Lt. Brendan Borer - bbo...@newhavenct.gov