Fwd: Important Weather Safety Message From Mayor Elicker

Wooster Square Watch

Sep 6, 2022, 9:36:25 AMSep 6
to Wooster Square Google Group
Dear Neighbors,

As we really need this rain, please be safe as we may experience flooding. See the Mayor’s New Haven ALERTS email below.

My best,

Sarah

Sarah B. Greenblatt
Wooster Square Watch

City of New Haven COVID-19 Call Line - 203.946.4949
Non-Emergency Police Service - 203.946.6316
New Haven Police District Manager Lt. Brendan Borer - bbo...@newhavenct.gov

Begin forwarded message:

From: New Haven Alerts <nor...@everbridge.net>
Date: September 6, 2022 at 9:20:28 AM EDT
To: wooster...@gmail.com
Subject: Important Safety Message From Mayor Elicker

New Haven ALERTS

Hi, this is Mayor Justin Elicker with an important message for New Haven residents about heavy rains and potential flooding in our area.

The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning for our area this morning, and there remains a flood watch through today, Tuesday, September 6th

Combined with high tides today at 8:10 AM and 8:27 PM tonight, there is the possibility that areas of the city and roadways can become flooded without warning and become dangerous and cause damage quickly.

A few quick safety tips for residents:

  • Ensure your vehicles are not parked in low lying areas.
  • Drive with caution as hydroplaning can occur without warning.
  • Do not drive though flooded roadways instead, just turn around and chose a different route
  • Check in on your family, friends and neighbors.
  • Call 9-1-1 for any flood-related emergencies.

Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe!

If you would like to edit the way you receive these messages, please visit:  https://www.newhavenct.gov/gov/depts/emergency_info/alerts.htm