Neighborhood Updates

Wooster Square Watch

Dec 23, 2022, 10:22:58 PM12/23/22
to Wooster Square Google Group
Happy Winter Everyone!

We certainly have a frigid start to the season!

Here are a few updates as we celebrate our winter holidays! 🎄🕎

Kaiyden's Holiday Hours
12/24 (Saturday) 8am-4pm
12/25 (Sunday) 8am-11:30am

12/31 (Saturday) 8am-4pm
01/01 (Sunday) 8am-11:30am

Snow Reminders
Thanks to Ward 7 Alder, Eli Sabin, for providing reminders about snow etiquette for us all.

Snow shoveling:
  • City property owners are responsible for shoveling the sidewalks bordering their property
  • To avoid receiving a fine, shovel your sidewalk (at least 42 inches wide) within 24 hours after the snowfall.
  • Be sure not to throw or blow snow into the streets when clearing sidewalks.
  • Clear all snow off trash/recycling toters so the crews have easy access to empty them.
Snow Plowing:
  • Sign up to receive emergency alerts from the city, which include updates during storms about parking and snow removal. You can sign up here.
  • To report snowstorm related issues or concerns, please call the Emergency Operations Center at (203) 946-8221.
  • The posted snow emergency routes in Ward 7 and Ward 8 are on Whitney, State, George, Chapel, Temple, Orange between Grove and Trumbull, and Trumbull between Temple and Orange. Parking is not allowed on either side of any of these streets during a snow-related Zone B parking ban.
  • During a residential or "Zone C" parking ban, parking is only allowed on the even side of residential streets. During a residential parking ban, parking is also not allowed within 25 feet of any intersection, fire hydrant or bus stop.
  • Please also use off-street parking when possible during snowstorms to help the city with snow removal.
  • If you are are experiencing homelessness and need shelter from a snowstorm, or you know of folks who do, please call 211.
  • If you need alternative parking options during a storm, this list includes the lots that are usually available. We'll send updates when storms happen, but please use this list as needed.