[the blog with the woofing dog] Journalist Fury: Cost Of Not Issuing iPads To Police Not Enough To Save 500 Jobs

Blogger

Jun 27, 2012, 7:58:49 AM6/27/12
to woofi...@googlegroups.com
Some officers will lose their jobs, in a move
completely unrelated to tablet computers
Unidentified Telegraph journalists reacted angrily today as plans emerged that Surrey Police are probably not going to issue their frontline officers with expensive Apple-branded products.

In fact, it appears likely that less expensive tablet computers are going to be issued only to a small number of officers on a trial basis.  "At a time when 500 officers are about to be laid off," wrote one correspondent, "it is infuriating that Surrey Police are spending a sum of money that might be enough to save one of those jobs, if they're lucky."

"This clearly infringes upon our human right to get angry about wasteful public spending.  I mean, if they'd decided to buy Blackberry Playbooks for £999 each, and given them to everyone on the payroll, the bill would have run at well over £3 million.  As it stands, even if everyone gets one, it will probably cost less than a fifth of that.  And that's not even taking into account bulk discounts."

"Don't even mention the possibility that the police will be purchasing these items instead of a different expensive piece of kit they're already spending money on.  By which I mean, we're not going to mention it."

Surrey Police were unavailable for comment, but some information is believed to be found on their website.

"Their what?!  They spend money on a website?!  Unbelievable!"

.

--
Posted By Blogger to the blog with the woofing dog on 6/27/2012 12:58:00 PM