[the blog with the woofing dog] A Bucketful of Bone Marrow

1 view

PhilH

Jun 8, 2011, 7:36:06 PM6/8/11
to woofi...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Look at me, going all two-posts-in-one-day on you!*

I should probably be in bed by now, but I thought I'd share this with you.

Just now on the Join Me forum, someone posted a thread about a young girl called Alice, and her bucket list.

Alice is 15 years old and has terminal cancer.  She started a blog two days ago about her efforts to complete her "bucket list" of things she'd like to do before she goes.  It's called Alice's Bucket List.

It may be just two days old, but her first post has already received 1057 comments.

It's not a begging site asking for donations, but one of the things on her bucket list is To make everyone sign up to be a bone marrow donor.

So here's a link explaining all about bone marrow donation.

You can sign up to The British Bone Marrow Register, which you can sign up to when you go and donate blood, or the Anthony Nolan Trust Register.

I can't donate blood for the next few years because I might have had (probably didn't have) malaria, so I plan on signing up to the Anthony Nolan one.

For the hypochondriacs amongst you, here's the list of medical exclusions which stop you donating.  There are quite a few of them.

picture via

*Yes, technically it's already tomorrow, so it's two posts on two separate days.  Shush, you.

--
Posted By PhilH to the blog with the woofing dog on 6/09/2011 12:36:00 AM