[the blog with the woofing dog] Why Has No One Ever Thought Of This Before?

PhilH

Oct 9, 2011, 4:02:05 PM10/9/11
to woofi...@googlegroups.com
So there we were, walking home from Toby and Angel's wedding on a Saturday night.

Ambling our way along Turnpike Lane.

And Laura turned to me and said, "Do you know what I really fancy?"

"I don't know," I said.  "Chips?"

This seemed like a reasonable guess.

"No," said Laura.

"A salad?" I ventured, rather optimistically.  "A nice falafel salad?"

"No," she said again.  "A milkshake.  I really fancy a milkshake."

"Ah," I said, for I am lactose intolerant, and so cannot drink milkshake.

"It's alright," she said, "we can make a milkshake when we get home.  We've got some soya milk, and non-dairy ice cream, and we can make a milkshake then."

"No," I said.  "You want a milkshake now.  You might not want one when you get home, and besides, a non-dairy milkshake won't quite be the same."

"Are you sure?" said Laura.

"Yes," I said.  "I tell you what, if you're going to buy a milkshake, I might have a look around for somewhere I can get my eyebrows threaded.  You know how I like to get my eyebrows threaded.  And I haven't had my eyebrows threaded for a very long time."

"Okay," she said.

And we both smiled, and looked into each other's eyes.

And then we both turned, and saw, across the road...

--
Posted By PhilH to the blog with the woofing dog on 10/09/2011 09:02:00 PM