[the blog with the woofing dog] The Teachers Pensions Strikes - My article in...

PhilH

Jun 21, 2011, 1:55:01 PM6/21/11
to woofi...@googlegroups.com
The Teachers Pension Strikes

On Thursday 30th June, two of the three main teaching unions – the NUT and ATL – will stage a one-day strike over changes to the Teachers Pension Scheme. My own union, the NASUWT, continue to fight the changes through the courts. As such, I’ve yet to be balloted on the issue, but I shall be cheering on my colleagues from the sidelines.

I don’t want to strike. I didn’t support the NUT when they went on strike over pay in 2008. But this is so very different. For a start, the ATL are going on strike with them. The ATL. This is the first time in their 127-year history that they will have participated in a national strike – not only that, they’ve never even had a ballot on it before.

Read the rest of this post at Middlebrow Magazine>>>

--
Posted By PhilH to the blog with the woofing dog on 6/21/2011 06:55:00 PM