Billy's kiln progress

gary navarre

May 3, 2013, 6:06:14 AM5/3/13
to cla...@ceramicist.org
Hey Folks,

 medre, that silver dollar sized piece of pain in my right shoulder got me back out of bed again so might as well give some update on some of the cause. I haven't paid a whole lot of detailed attention to what happened to some of you folks'es joints and how long we are supposed to put up with the pain pills that almost work before surgery so forgive my poor-mee's, I know it could be worse. I haven't done much work at all since getting moved in November so I sure could use some exercise to make new muscle and see if that does any good but this pile of wood Billy has to process is gonna be a challenge. I think the landscaping guy dropped off more tree since my last visit and it looks like they cleaned up the brick stash so there is a better place to stack kiln fuel. I just spent some time pulling sticks out and rolling bolts down to street level so we can chain saw them for splitting. I haven't tried starting my saw yet because of my shoulder so maybe I'll show one of those younger guys how it starts and have them get it going for me, however I doubt I'll let them use it until I see they know what they are doing. So far I've caught them with the chain hanging loose and just shook my head when another guy pulled the saw slowly back and forth like a long steel cross-cut while cutting off kilter at an angle. There's just some things you don't learn in Art School. I had some pretty good saw teachers up North. Here's a video walk-about of some more work around the kiln site, Thanks for watching eh...

Gary Navarre
Navarre Pottery
Navarre Enterprises
Dearborn, Michigan, USA