Trailer Option

gary navarre

Jul 14, 2012, 4:49:23 PM7/14/12
to ClayArt
Hey Folks,

 On the way back up North from hauling a van full by weight of studio to Dearborn I saw a dual axle home built trailer in Escanaba for around a grand and think I'll make an offer. I talked with the guy and it has electric breaks but I need my wiring harness changed to the one that came with the van the mechanic musta missed seeing between the seats that has the break hookup. I've seen similar duallies but 16' long, I need something shorter that will carry about 2500# high heat duty refractories (312 standard hard firebrick). That would take me about seven trips but it would probably cost as much to truck in one load and I can take my time loading and unloading. It took a couple years to finally move the whole studio ten years ago and now I have a better van so it can be done. I've included a shot in a new album about kiln demolition so if you know anything about trailers I'd like to know what you think...

 It doesn't have the character the International Harvester pickup truck box trailer had but it sure looks functional. Maybe when I'm done I could build on one of those mini-homes and tramp around to various other peoples kilns doing videos of firing there instead of in my egocentric delusion. Have chain saw and wheel, will travel, won't stay.

Gary Navarre
Navarre Pottery
Navarre Enterprises
Norway, Michigan, USA