Ken Schenstone Anagama Firing

gary navarre

Dec 6, 2012, 2:02:09 PM12/6/12
to cla...@ceramicist.org
Hey Folks,

 Another cool wood fired kiln in lower Michigan is Ken Schenstone's huge Anagama in Albion. I finally had a chance to visit for a couple of days during one of his 10 day firings. When I got there they had been firing for a week and the load was beginning to go through quartz conversion ...

 An overnight crew showed up to start the side stoking so after another day cones began bending ...

 It will be at least another year or two before Ken fires again so maybe I can spend more time then and get some video of the later stages of the firing and unloading after it cools for another couple of weeks. I suppose I could go out there once in a while and split wood for a place in the next load. Thanks for watching and stay in there eh.

Gary Navarre
Navarre Pottery
Navarre Enterprises
Dearborn, Michigan, USA