25# Zinc Oxide

gary navarre

Jul 29, 2012, 12:57:32 PM7/29/12
to ClayArt
Hey Folks,

 I started wondering why that box of Zinc Oxide with 25# on the side seemed so heavy so I weighed it and see it is really 55#. What was I thinking when I ordered that much of the crap?
That ought to add to the 100# of Kyanite 48 mesh and another 100# of old Spodumine I found in the shed next to another big half sack of Cornwall Stone that must have been shipped to Rovin in Dearborn from England in the '60's because it weighed 112#. I think I'm gonna have to put this heavy stuff in 5 gallon buckets with lids to make it manageable in the van.

  I'm committed to the trailer so I took it to the son of a retired welder I know in AA that took over the business and he reinforced some welds, got the breaks working, and installed the controller. Then I practiced backing up and put it into Rick's garage so we could do the bearings which turned out to be in vary good condition ...

 Next project is to find at least one spare tire, maybe two in case I run over something that takes out both tires. I saw some four lug rims and tire on line so I'll also look locally and go from there.

 Rick gave me an idea for loading the bricks on trailer I think I'll use it for the standard 9" straights ...

http://public.fotki.com/GindaUP/ca/kpap/kdemo/brick-pattern-brain.html   ... so it ends up 252 brick make about a ton and I'm still a couple hundred pounds under the van's pulling limit. When I'm done with the raw materials I can add another hundred bricks to the van and still be under weight. I wonder if I need to go over the scales at the bridge?

Gary Navarre
Navarre Pottery
Navarre Enterprises
Norway, Michigan, USA