Questions about Wednesday

Angela Woodall

Oct 15, 2012, 1:44:15 PM10/15/12
to womens-js-...@googlegroups.com
I was waylaid by BART Oct. 10 but looking forward to finally attending WJSG and wanted to check in about where the group is in terms of JS know-how so I know what to focus on. I'm ~ intermediate beginner: formulas, loops, breaks, etc. I recycle a lot of code but need to get better at writing my own.
Also, I would like to know if it is okay to bring code from a project I'm working on. It's a compound interest calculator using JS for the formulas and form (as well as HTML and CSS for the form appearance).
The whole thing will be fed to JQuery Mobile and use PhoneGap to deploy.
In any case, see you all Wednesday.

Beth Budwig

Oct 15, 2012, 1:47:34 PM10/15/12
to Angela Woodall, womens-js-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Angela,

Welcome! We are pretty laid-back, so you can work on whatever you'd like! Most of us are using Code Academy, but feel free to bring a side project and ask questions as they come up. Also, a lot of us are beginners -- but we have a few advanced attendees who can probably help with the more complex stuff.

Your side project sounds cool!

Cheers,
Beth

--