Yes, I am willing

Melissa

Jun 28, 2011, 10:13:57 PM6/28/11
to WomenGathering
I was reading a blog on Sheila's site about a recent trip to hear
Deepak Chopra speak in Kingston. What stuck with me was the final
part of the blog:
"Am I willing to know that I AM extraordinary? AM I willing to see and
to know, in my very cells, that you are, too? Am I willing to know
mySelf and to live as a GodForce and to hold you as one, too… fully
honouring that you and I may never, ever agree?"

And, Yes, I am willing.

I had a great experience this past weekend in Chicago with a dear
friend that I have not seen in 7 years and yet it felt like I had seen
her maybe a week or two ago. I am very aware of a quality of
timelessness, an ease and a deep respect in my experiences with her.
And through our conversations I had the opportunity to see her
starting to stop, breathe and connect instead of continuing with the
auto-pilot behaviours because they are what “nice” and “valuable”
people do. And over dinner in a nice Italian restaurant, I started
drawing Icebergs of the self, talking about the quantum biological
human and the logical structure of thought. Waiters even started to
notice and make comments. And there, in moments of personal truth
about being “at the end of her rope” I could see the strength, courage
and resilience that are part of who she is. I absolutely recognize
her as a Godforce and told her so, and she shared that as a result of
our discussions I opened something in her that she hasn’t experienced
in a while all by listening and asking questions that seem so
simple.

I’ve been finding more and more of these experiences with people I
come into contact with by simply talking and suggesting new ways to
look at our experiences and perceptions. The feedback I'm receiving
is that it’s opening up new thought patterns and possibilities that
people hadn’t previously considered. And I have to admit that
engaging in these discussions, seeing the shifts in the body and
breathing and hearing feedback is a great feeling for me. It's as if
somehow seeing others opening up, and having a willingess to consider
the unfamiliar is a constant reminder to me that I can continue to
open up, consider the unfamiliar and leap in my own evolution.

I’m finding this same experience of considering things differently
within myself. A friend recently asked me about a conflict at work.
And it’s funny because my current experience could be seen as a
conflict, and there is a time when I probably would have viewed it as
one. Now in this space, I hold it as two people each declaring what
is meaningful for them and realizing that we aren’t in agreement, and
that it’s OK to not agree and that it doesn’t have to feel negative.
I am OK with not being in agreement. My sponsors are exploring the
idea of / talking about putting forward a plan with an end date that
they are not really likely to deliver, and knowing this, they still
want to officially communicate it to external parties. I have been
clear that I won’t participate in this because for me, it feels like
an intentional lack of integrity and transparency and I am not willing
to take that on as part of a corporate strategy to delay and get extra
time. Personally, I am not seeing the issue in simply declaring that
more time is needed and I see that this is not the approach that they
feel comfortable with taking. Regardless of not being agreement,
there is the far more important aspect that I raised to my boss a few
weeks back (giving him notice that there was little to zero change
that I would be renewing my contract) and that is about me getting
more and more excited about discovering more of Me in the experiences
of 'nothingness' and 'stopping' while talking some time off in the
summer and then seeing what comes to me and what I choose to create
next. This to me feels like playing, being awake and moving forward
with the awesome curiosity and excitedness of seeing what comes next
knowing that it may be familiar and it may be something completely
different... and it's all OK.

And through all of this, Yes I am willing to know that each of us is a
Godforce and I am willing to live with full & openly declared RIG for
myself and for others.