Wow! I actually did it!

Melissa

Jun 30, 2011, 4:27:01 PM6/30/11
to WomenGathering
What a day! For more than a month now I have been considering and
exploring the idea of taking time off work, enjoying the summer, and
allowing myself to experience stopping - no obligations, expectations,
timelines - and see what comes of it.

Well, today I actually did it. I gave notice that I would not be
renewing my contract with my current client. And I have to admit that
shortly following that I was hit with "I can't believe I just did
that" and a feeling of panic. I mean, what am I supposed to DO now?
What if I run out of money? What if I can't find another 'job'? And
then I remembered, I don't need, and more importantly, I don't want to
DO anything. I want to experience just being and seeing how it feels
and what is sparks for me. And since then there has been this
permanent smile on my face and I feel this surge of energy that I have
not felt in a very long time.

And I know that I have no idea what is coming next. I may choose to
return to consulting and I may choose to do create something
completely different. And whatever I choose, it's all good.

In this moment, I do feel like I just leaped of a cliff - I may be
falling, I may be floating and I may even be flying. And right now, I
am OK with not knowing and just trusting that wherever I find myself
next it will be in a space with energy, vitality, laughter and an easy/
flowing, abundant sustainbility because I create it all.