Fw: WFPI upcoming May CR events ...

Cole Christy

Apr 28, 2019, 8:35:39 AM4/28/19
to Noreply-spamdigest via Women for Peace Iowa

  • Mall Walking for Peace
    Sunday, May 5th and 19th
    Starting at 2:00 pm, and we walk for about 45 minutes.
    Lindale Mall, 4444 1st Ave NE, Cedar Rapids
    We gather at center of the Food Court
    If you have our latest matching T-shirt that says, "If war is the answer, we're asking the wrong question", please wear it, but come to walk with any peace/anti-war shirt you have.
  • Alternative Discussion Group
    Tuesday, May 7th and 21st
    7:00 to 9:00 pm
    We meet at the dining room at the Hy-Vee on 32nd
    at the intersection of 32nd Street NE & Oakland Road NE in Cedar Rapids
    We are currently reading Eight Years We Were in Power by Ta-Nehisi Coates, discussing Chapter 8 on May 7th, and choosing the next book.
  • Potluck and Movie Night
    Friday, May 17th
    Potluck at 7pm, 8pm movie
    New Venue: 2308 C Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids
    Movie: TBA
    Please stay tuned for movie title and venue details.
    Join us for our famous potluck and enjoy an evening with some like-minded folks.
    Sponsored by Arts Cinema~Free Friday Night Flicks and Workers for Peace Iowa. Contact: John ( 319 ) 247·2612.
  • WFPI General Membership Meeting
    Tuesday, May 28th
    7:00 to 9:00 pm
    Mount Mercy University
    Mercy Drive NE, Cedar Rapids
    The new venue for these meetings is Campus Ministry lounge space in the Busse Building
        Enter opposite the doors for the library side of the building.
    Please plan to come and shape the future!
    Those who do not learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat them.
  • Street Witnessing for Peace
    Every Friday
    Meeting regardless of weather!
    4:30 to 5:30 pm
    at 1st Ave & 1st St NE, Cedar Rapids
    Across from the old Federal Building ( now City Hall ) at the Tree of Five Seasons
    Bring your own sign or hold one of ours. Spread the word!
    Contact Bob at (319) 360-5119 for more vigil information.