upcoming CR events ...

1 view

Charlotte Martin

Jan 24, 2020, 11:52:34 PM1/24/20
to Marshall Christy, Womenfor...@googlegroups.com
  • Mall Walking for Peace
    Sunday, January 26th
    Starting at 2:00 pm, and we walk for about 45 minutes.
    Lindale Mall, 4444 1st Avenue NE, Cedar Rapids
    We gather at center of the Food Court
    If you have our latest matching T-shirt that says, "If war is the answer, we're asking the wrong question", please wear it, but come to walk with any peace/anti-war shirt you have.
  • WFPI General Membership Meeting
    Tuesday, January 28st
    7:00 to 9:00 pm
    Mount Mercy University
    Mercy Drive NE, Cedar Rapids
    The venue for these meetings is Campus Ministry lounge space in the Busse Building
        Enter opposite the doors for the library side of the building.
    Charlotte Martin will give an informal presentation, Eavesdropping on Conservative Podcasts: Observations and Thoughts.
    Please plan to come and shape the future!
    Those who do not learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat them.
  • Alternative Discussion Group
    Tuesday, February 4th
    7:00 to 9:00 pm
    Venue Change
    We will be meeting once again at the dining room at the Hy-Vee on 32nd
    at the intersection of 32nd Street NE & Oakland Road NE in Cedar Rapids
    Our latest book, by Neil DeGrasse Tyson, is Astrophysics for People in a Hurry, and on February 4th we will be discussing chapers 6, 7, and 8.
  • Potluck and Movie Night
    Our revived tradition of potluck and movie night begins
    Friday, February 21st
    third Friday as before
    Starting at 7:00pm
    Our new host will be:
    Artisan's Sanctuary in Marion, 1070 7th Avenue
    NOTE: cost is $5 per person
    Artisan's Sanctuary requires this very reasonable charge from us for the use of their space and their projection equipment.
    The movie for this first month in our new venue will be
    The Victors
    This restoration of a scratchy old version we showed over five years ago is an anti-war movie that's worth seeing again, with George Peppard, Melina Mercouri, George Hamilton, Rome Schneider, Eli Wallach, Elke Sommer, and many more.
    Join us for our famous potluck and enjoy an evening with some like-minded folks — Sponsored by Arts Cinema~Free Friday Night Flicks and Workers for Peace Iowa.
  • Street Witnessing for Peace
    Every Friday
    Meeting regardless of weather!
    4:30 to 5:30 pm
    at 1st Avenue & 1st Street NE, Cedar Rapids
    Across from the old Federal Building ( now City Hall ) at the Tree of Five Seasons
    Bring your own sign or hold one of ours. Spread the word!
    Contact Bob at ( 3l9 ) 36O·5ll9 for more vigil information.
--
Peace,
Charlotte

Charlotte Martin

Jan 31, 2020, 2:38:10 AM1/31/20
to Womenfor...@googlegroups.com
  • Mall Walking for Peace
    Sunday, February 9th & 23rd

  • Starting at 2:00 pm, and we walk for about 45 minutes.
    Lindale Mall, 4444 1st Avenue NE, Cedar Rapids
    We gather at center of the Food Court
    If you have our latest matching T-shirt that says, "If war is the answer, we're asking the wrong question", please wear it, but come to walk with any peace/anti-war shirt you have.
  • Alternative Discussion Group
    Tuesday, February 18th

  • 7:00 to 9:00 pm
    Venue Change
    We will be meeting once again at the dining room at the Hy-Vee on 32nd
    at the intersection of 32nd Street NE & Oakland Road NE in Cedar Rapids
  • Our latest book, by Neil DeGrasse Tyson, is Astrophysics for People in a Hurry, and on February 18th we will be discussing chapter 6 through the end of book.
[...]
    Tuesday, February 25th

  • 7:00 to 9:00 pm
    Mount Mercy University
    Mercy Drive NE, Cedar Rapids
    The venue for these meetings is Campus Ministry lounge space in the Busse Building
        Enter opposite the doors for the library side of the building.
  • Cole Christy will share his thoughts and observations on historian Brad Gregory's Rebel in the Ranks, a biography of Martin Luther.

  • Please plan to come and shape the future!
    Those who do not learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat them.
  • Street Witnessing for Peace
    Every Friday
    Meeting regardless of weather!
    4:30 to 5:30 pm
    at 1st Avenue & 1st Street NE, Cedar Rapids
    Across from the old Federal Building ( now City Hall ) at the Tree of Five Seasons
    Bring your own sign or hold one of ours. Spread the word!
    Contact Bob at ( 3l9 ) 36O·5ll9 for more vigil information.
    --
    Peace,
    Charlotte

    Charlotte Martin

    Feb 19, 2020, 12:14:09 AM2/19/20
    to Womenfor...@googlegroups.com
    • Potluck and Movie Night
    • AT NEW/CHANGED TIME!!!
    • Our revived tradition of potluck and movie night begins
      Friday, February 21st
    • third Friday as before, but
      STARTING at 6:30 with movie at 7:00

    • Our new host will be:
      Artisan's Sanctuary in Marion, 1070 7th Avenue
      NOTE: cost is $5 per person
      Artisan's Sanctuary requires this very reasonable charge from us for the use of their space and their projection equipment.
      The movie for this first month in our new venue will be
      The Victors
      This restoration of a scratchy old version we showed over five years ago is an anti-war movie that's worth seeing again, with George Peppard, Melina Mercouri, George Hamilton, Rome Schneider, Eli Wallach, Elke Sommer, and many more.
      Join us for our famous potluck and enjoy an evening with some like-minded folks — Sponsored by Arts Cinema~Free Friday Night Flicks and Workers for Peace Iowa.
    • Mall Walking for Peace
      Sunday, February 23rd

[...]
          Tuesday, March 3rd

        • 7:00 to 9:00 pm
        • We meet at the dining room at the Hy-Vee on 32nd

        • at the intersection of 32nd Street NE & Oakland Road NE in Cedar Rapids
        • Our new book, by Art Cullen, is Storm Lake, and we’ll discuss through chapter 5.