Fw: WFPI upcoming CR events ...

Cole Christy

Nov 23, 2018, 9:35:43 PM11/23/18
to Noreply-spamdigest via Women for Peace Iowa

  • WFPI General Membership Meeting
    Tuesday, November 27th
    6:50 to 9:00 pm
    Mount Mercy University Busse Board Room
    Mercy Drive NE, Cedar Rapids
    The library has new security which requires a
    Mt Mercy ID to enter after 7pm

    ( If late, call Charlotte, 573·2824 )
    Please plan to come and shape the future!
    Those who do not learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat them.
  • Mall Walking for Peace
    Sunday, December 2nd and 16th
    Starting at 2:00 pm, and we walk for about 45 minutes.
    Lindale Mall, 4444 1st Ave NE, Cedar Rapids
    We gather at center of the Food Court
    If you have our latest matching T-shirt that says, "If war is the answer, we're asking the wrong question", please wear it, but come to walk with any peace/anti-war shirt you have.
  • Alternative Discussion Group
    Tuesday, December 4th and 18th
    7:00 to 9:00 pm
    We meet at the dining room at the Hy-Vee on 32nd
    at the intersection of 32nd Street NE & Oakland Road NE in Cedar Rapids
    We are currently reading The Soul of America by Jon Meacham, on Chapter 7 by December 4th.
  • Potluck and Movie Night
    Friday, December 21st
    Potluck at 7pm, 8pm movie
    Paul Engle Center, 4th Ave & 16th St SE, Cedar Rapids
    Movie: TBA
    Join us for our famous potluck and enjoy an evening with some like-minded folks. Sponsored by Arts Cinema~Free Friday Night Flicks and Workers for Peace Iowa. Contact: John ( 319 ) 247-2612.
  • WFPI General Membership Meeting
    No December Meeting
  • Street Witnessing for Peace
    Every Friday
    Meeting regardless of weather!
    4:30 to 5:30 pm
    at 1st Ave & 1st St NE, Cedar Rapids
    Across from the old Federal Building ( now City Hall ) at the Tree of Five Seasons
    Bring your own sign or hold one of ours. Spread the word!
    Contact Bob at (319) 360-5119 for more vigil information.