Womack DNA - Descendants of Thomas Womack & Mary Farley

Robert Burke

Nov 6, 2011, 9:23:05 PM11/6/11
to Womack Genealogy on the Web
I would like to test male Womack descendants of the following:

1) Abner Womack and Agnes Reed of Butler Co, KY
2) William Womack and Rebbecca LNU of Gallatin Co, IL
3) Josiah Womack and Mary Massey of Caswell Co, NC
4) William Womack and Elizabeth Perkinson of Chesterfield Co, VA

So far, the only tests we have had for descendants of Thomas Womack &
Mary Farley have been for descendants of Thomas Blanton/Womack (who
married Louvisa Rice), and William Womack (who married Lucy Womack,
daughter of Thomas Blanton/Womack & Louvisa Rice). Neither of these
line can be proved without circumstantial evidence, even though the
circumstantial evidence is very strong and compelling.

The 4 Womack lines I listed above can be proved with direct evidence
to be descended from Thomas Womack and Mary Farley. It would be good
to get a DNA test from descendants of one or all of these 4 lines.

If anyone has contact info for male Womack descendants of any of
these, let me know. Likewise, if anyone wants to help by tracing
these lines forward, any help would be appreciated. If you can get up
to fairly modern times (past 30 or 40 years), we have other volunteers
who can locate their contact information.

Thanks for any help,
Robert

Robert Burke

Nov 11, 2011, 11:04:45 PM11/11/11
to Womack Genealogy on the Web
I think I have found some descendants of William Womack and Elizabeth
Perkinson.

The line (not including living people) goes:

1) George Arnold Waymack Sr (c1914 - ?)
2) James Henry Waymack (13 Feb 1876 - aft 1930 census) & Golden LNU
3) James M(adison?) Womack/Waymack (Mar 1845 - ?) & Mary F LNU
4) Francis Jefferson Womack (c1808-before 19 Feb 1846) & Mary Susan
Smith
5) William Womack & Elizabeth Perkinson
6) Francis Womack & Unknown
7) Thomas Womack & Mary Farley
8) Abraham Womack & Unknown

A couple interesting notes:
1) A lot of Womacks who remained in the Chesterfield/Prince George
area (including cities of Richmond & Petersburg) started spelling the
name Waymack.
2) James M Waymack was living in the Bermuda Hundred area of
Chesterfield in 1910, apparently the last Womack in the area that
Womacks had been since the 1670s.

Beth

Nov 12, 2011, 12:37:41 AM11/12/11
to Womack Genealogy on the Web
And the Prince George, VA tie into these Waymacks?

1850 Conway Co., AR
AR Conway, Muddy Bayou Twp, roll 25
Page 251B, House 329
29 Waymack Frederick 50 M W Farmer 50 VA
30 Waymack Eliza 30 F W VA
31 Waymack Sarah 17 F W VA
32 Waymack James 16 M W VA
33 Waymack Benjamin 15 F W VA
34 Waymack Charles 12 M W VA
35 Waymack Martha 11 F W VA
36 Waymack Nancy 9 F W VA
37 Waymack Joseph 7 M W VA
38 Waymack Frederick 4 M W VA
39 Waymack Louisa 2 F W VA

Page 252A, House 339
39 Waymack Wm 26 M W VA
40 Waymack Mary 25 F W AR
41 Waymack Elvina 5 F W AR

1850 Census Identification

p.251B, p.329 - Frederick (wife Eliza A Palmer?) - Unknown, but
believed to be Frederick in Logan Co, OH in 1840, and in Prince George
Co, VA in 1830
p.252A, h.339 - William (wife Mary Wiley) >> Frederick from Prince
George Co, VA (C.0)
MISSING IN 1850 CENSUS - Micajah "Mack Cager" Waymack >> Frederick
from Prince George Co, VA (C.0)

Every once in a while I see an obit of a descendant of these Arkansas
Waymacks in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

Beth

Nov 12, 2011, 12:54:03 AM11/12/11
to Womack Genealogy on the Web
Frederick Waymack must have died before 1870, and his widow, Eliza A.
Palmer (?) Waymack, age 59, born in VA and sons, Frederick, Jr. age
23, born 1846 born in OH (?), Isham, age 16, born in AR and John, age
23 born in AR are on the 1870 Hardin Co., OH census.