Most common Womack spellings

Robert Burke

Nov 12, 2011, 12:39:29 AM11/12/11
to Womack Genealogy on the Web
See http://www.census.gov/genealogy/www/data/2000surnames/index.html

In the 2000 census, the following spellings of Womack had more than
100 individuals in the US with that spelling (listed with rank,
spelling, and number of individuals):
1) 1,194 - Womack - 26,890 (meaning that Womack is the 1,194th most
popular surname in the US, and in 2000, there were 26,890 people with
that name).
2) 21,754 - Wommack - 1115
3) 23,056 - Warmack - 1035
4) 31,658 - Womac - 690
5) 53,047 - Wammack - 366

There are several other spellings of Womack in usage today which
apparently have fewer than 100 individuals in the US with that
spelling. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are:

Wamack
Womacks
Wormack
Womick
Waymack
Womax
Womacque

I know there are several other spelling that appear in old records.
Right now, I just want a list of the spellings that are used by people
alive today.