I'm a new member

K Osgood

Nov 21, 2019, 1:06:39 AM11/21/19
to Womack Genealogy on the Web
I see that it has been several months since the last posting on this site. I hope there are still people active here. I am a granddaughter of Hazel Womack Teschner, GGD of James McDonald Womack (1864-1945) & GGGD of James Womack (1822-1902). James is my brick wall. Several. Census' show his birthplace as Kentucky. He apparently lived in Missouri most of his life. In the 1850 census it includes an Appe Womack aged 102 in his household. I'm guessing this was his grandfather. Many folks on Ancestry & Family Search have listed him as James Newton Womack, born in Texas in 1819, son of James Madison Womack & Mary Polly Wiseman however my research indicates he died at age 4. Another shows his parents as Eppy Womack & Elizabeth Pinkerton. My research indicates that she had two sons, James & William when they married in 1819. Both of them seem to have retained the Pinkerton name. I have not found any records indicating that Eppy had any children. I would love to solve this mystery. Thanks!!

Tawny Shelby

Nov 25, 2019, 3:03:18 PM11/25/19
to Womack Genealogy on the Web
My name is Tawny Shelby and if you look at my tree on Ancestry, William Womack that came from England is my 10th Great Grandfather, you might try a reverse family tree.
Tawny

Robert Burke

Nov 27, 2019, 11:07:58 AM11/27/19
to Womack Genealogy on the Web
Hi,

Appe Womack was actually Eppy Womack, and his age was greatly exaggerated.  He was closer to 82, not 102. He was in the 1850 Census of Buchanan Co, MO with James Womack and his family.  James was likely Eppy's son.

Eppy Womack was the son of Thomas Womack and Sarah Owen (https://sites.google.com/site/womackgen/family/abr/abr/tho), and was mentioned in his father's will in Rowan Co, NC.  Eppy was in various records of Rowan, including tax lists.  He and several of his brothers moved to Warren Co, KY where they were in records including tax lists.  Allen Womack, who was probably the son of Eppy's older brother Abraham Womack, also moved from Warren Co, KY to Missouri, eventually settling in Buchanan Co, MO.

Eppy was apparently married to James Womack's mother (name unknown), and after she died, he married the widow Elizaberth Pinkerton, who I think was also from Rowan Co, NC (James Pinkerton married Elizabeth Dancy in 1800).  Elizabeth Pinkerton already had children when she married Eppy.  One of these was Eleanor Pinketerton, who married John Farrar in 1830 in Perry Co, MO.  Elinor (Pinkerton) Farrar left a will in 1841 in Perry Co, MO naming her children, plus "my desire is that my half brother Joseph Wamack shall have my grey horse".

In 1830, when Joseph Womack was 6, he was indentured as an apprentice in Perry Co, MO by John Pinkerton (Perry Co, MO guardian bonds).  I don't know where Eppy Womack was at that time.  Perhaps he had a disability and could not care for Joseph,