Mass change users that match criteria

allenflame

Dec 16, 2011, 9:03:30 AM12/16/11
to WSTools
I'm trying to fix some of our users that are missing the Title field.
I want to change anyone who does not have a title to get a generic
title of Teacher.

I've thought I had it

Quick show "Find: Title = "Teacher""
Quick show "Find: Title = """ does nothing, as well as Title doesn't
show up in the dump.

quick att user=* title + Teacher

I tried playing around with forall but said I better ask instead of
screwing something up.

Thanks for the great app.

Wolfgang Schreiber

Dec 16, 2011, 1:50:11 PM12/16/11
to WSTools

Hi Allen,

note, that if you do not specify a context, QUICK will use the default
context as defined by your Novell client.
Also consider that the command prompt doesn't handle nested quotes;
Use quotes if one command line parameter has multiple segments.

Assuming that your users are in ou=myOu,o=myOrg you could use
commands like:

quick attr user=* title = teacher /context=.myOu.myOrg
quick attr user=* title + teacher /context=.myOu.myOrg

quick show "Find:(Title = Teacher)" /context=.myOu.myOrg
quick show "Find:(Title = Teacher)" "Given Name;Surname" /
context=.myOu.myOrg

quick attr "Find:(Title = Teacher)" "Full Name" = "$[Given Name]$ $
[Surname]$" /context=.myOu.myOrg

Good luck

Wolfgang

Russell Martilla

Jan 10, 2012, 5:22:04 PM1/10/12
to WSTools
Good day,

I need to run a report which lists what users are associated to what Zenworks policy. Specifically my Admin User Package. I have tried numerous configurations but am not able to get the report I need.

Any advice here?

Thanks.
Russell

Wolfgang Schreiber

Jan 12, 2012, 1:01:54 PM1/12/12
to WSTools
Hi Russell,

what did you try and what did you get?

I don't have a ZEN test system here, currently.

Wolfgang