Announcing WOlastic 32-bit All-In-One Image Version 20090601

dk...@ubermind.com

Jun 2, 2009, 9:30:56 PM6/2/09
to wolastic
Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that Version 20090601 of the WOlastic 32-bit All-
In-One Image has been released. Details can be found at:

http://wolastic.com/

For a "Getting Started" guide, please visit the following URL:

http://wolastic.com/blog/2009/06/getting-started-with-wolastic-all-in-one-images.html

Thanks!

Cheers,
Daniel Kao

PaulS

Jun 4, 2009, 4:35:38 PM6/4/09
to wolastic
Brilliant work!

Up and running in around a minute with a working Ajax Example app....
Seems pretty fast too.

Javamonitor gives odd links to apps from the application tab but hey
i'm nitpicking!

http://my-aws-ip:56789/cgi-bin/WebObjects/JavaMonitor.woa/wr?wodata=ERROR_NOT_FOUND_framework_*null*_filename_

again huge thanks for providing wolastic!

On Jun 3, 3:30 am, d...@ubermind.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm happy to announce that Version 20090601 of the WOlastic 32-bit All-
> In-One Image has been released.  Details can be found at:
>
> http://wolastic.com/
>
> For a "Getting Started" guide, please visit the following URL:
>
> http://wolastic.com/blog/2009/06/getting-started-with-wolastic-all-in...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel Kao
Message has been deleted

Daniel Kao

Jun 4, 2009, 4:47:58 PM6/4/09
to wola...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Most excellent!  Glad it's working for you.

The JavaMonitor issue you mentioned is a pretty easy fix.  I neglected to mention that once your EC2 instance is up and running, log into JavaMonitor and click on the "Site" tab above.  The first option that shows up, "HTTP Adaptor URL" needs to be filled out since it's blank by default.

All you need to put in there is:

http://my-public-aws-DNS/cgi-bin/WebObjects

... and click "Update HTTP Adaptor URL" and it should resolve your issue.

If you decide to map an Amazon Elastic IP (Amazon's version of "static IP's") and then make a custom DNS/domain entry pointed at your Amazon Elastic IP, then of course you would put your own DNS entry in there instead of the long Amazon EC2 public DNS entry.

Hope this helps!  Thanks!

Cheers,
Daniel
--