like to meet p2p/commons people in Bandung/Jakarta

Arthit Suriyawongkul

Jul 18, 2010, 6:02:26 AM7/18/10
to woict

i will join Nu-Substance Festival this week in Bandung.
will be in indonesia til 27 july.
like to meet p2p/commons ppl there :)

if you have suggested hub to go, pls post here, thx krub.

cheers,
Art
--
bact' mobile

Paola Di Maio

Jul 18, 2010, 7:01:09 AM7/18/10
to wo...@googlegroups.com, Chris Watkins
Hi Art

I recently exchanged with a range of people trying to find someone who
could attend random hacks of kindess on behalf of crisis commons

while having lost track completely of that event and if anything came
out of it, interesting chains of connections have triggered off

just yesterday I have found out that one of Appropedia founders, Chris
Watkins (in cc), is often in Jakarta (I did not ask why)
I had a meaningful phone conversation with Curt when Appropedia
launched *i was in chiang rai then

I am sure he would like to hear from you and point you accordingly

Let us know what you discover there and have great trip

Michel Bauwens

Jul 18, 2010, 10:01:25 AM7/18/10
to wo...@googlegroups.com, Arthit Suriyawongkul, Roberto Verzola, Al Alegre, balap...@gmail.com, John Berns
Dear Arthit,

I do not know anybody personally in Indonesia, though I know there is a famous open blogger, whose name escapes me for now,

I copied some people in the philippines and malaysia, who may or may not know their colleagues over there,

did you ask john berns?

Michel

P2P Foundation: http://p2pfoundation.net  - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net

Updates: http://del.icio.us/mbauwens; http://friendfeed.com/mbauwens; http://twitter.com/mbauwens; http://www.facebook.com/mbauwens

Arthit Suriyawongkul

Jul 19, 2010, 2:04:17 PM7/19/10
to Michel Bauwens, woict, Roberto Verzola, Al Alegre, balapillai, John Berns
Thanks all.

Today I visited a media space named "Common Room" in Bandung
http://commonroom.info/

The space is very nice. Gustaff Harriman Iskandar, the founder of the
space is also very interesting, humble and hard working.

They have like year round events, on arts, media, technology,
and urban ecology. If you visit Bandung, you may like to drop by :)

They also have an artist-in-residence program, and connected with
other creative spaces and media festival in the world, particularly in Berlin.

like this one:
http://www.transmediale.de/

Paola Di Maio

Jul 19, 2010, 2:18:26 PM7/19/10
to wo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Art

I heard of transmediale some years ago , possibily in relation to

tactical media work
http://subsol.c3.hu/subsol_2/contributors2/garcia-lovinktext.html

Its good to make connection and hear of good places to engage with

pass our regards!

PDM