Digital Natives -- OPEN CALL for participations

1 view

Arthit Suriyawongkul

Jul 8, 2010, 2:31:15 PM7/8/10
to woict
Digital Natives -- share your story
Date: August 15-17, 2010.
Venue: Taipei, Taiwan

http://cis-india.org/research/dn/open-call

Bring together the Digital Natives and facilitators to share the
Native's stories and create a knowledge network for them to work on
together.

The Centre for Internet and Society in collaboration with the Frontier
Foundation is holding a three day Digital Natives workshop in Taipei
from 15 to 17 August, 2010. The three day workshop will serve as an
ideal platform for the young users of technology to share their
knowledge and experience of the digital and Internet world and help
them learn from each other’s individual experiences.

Everybody has a story to tell, and with the Internet, it is possible
to tell the story and be heard. Young people around the world use
digital technologies to find a voice, an expression, a creative output
and a space for dialogue. Gone are the days when the young were only
to be seen and not heard. In the Web 2.0 world, the young are seen,
heard and are making a dramatic change in the world that we live in.

As Internet and digital technologies become more widespread, the world
is shrinking, time is replaced by Internet time, we are constantly
connected and intricately linked to our contexts, our people, our
cultures and our networks. And you, yes YOU are a part of this change.
In fact, as Digital Natives – people who have found technologies as
central to their lives – you are directly affecting the lives of many,
sometimes even without knowing about it.

== An Open Call for Participation ==

The Centre for Internet and Society (Bangalore, India) in
collaboration with the Frontier Foundation (Taipei, Taiwan) are
calling out to young technology users to share stories about how they
have tried to change things around them with the use of digital and
Internet technologies. Conversely, if you feel that the presence of
these technologies has significantly changed you in some way, we want
to hear about that too! These can be stories where you have made a
significant impact by initiating campaigns or movements for a
particular cause, stories where you have used technologies to cope
with problems in your personal and social life through your online
persona in the virtual World Wide Web or stories where a small blog
you started, or a facebook group you created, or a plurk network that
you started, or a discussion group that you participated in, led to a
change that has a story to tell.

The three day workshop will select 20 participants from all around
Asia and in the Middle East to come and share these stories, to
interact with facilitators and scholars who have worked in different
countries and areas, and to form a network of collaboration and
support. We will give your stories a face, a voice and a platform
where they can be heard in your own voice, in your own style and in
your own formats. Participants can fill in an application form (as
given below) and forward it to digital...@cis-india.org by 15th
July 2010.

Simultaneously a website will also be hosted online where the Digital
Natives will contribute to the content. Selected participants will be
encouraged to document in it. Expenses relevant to the project will be
granted to the selected participants.

http://cis-india.org/research/dn/open-call