WoAD v1.4.93 is now available...

WoAD Support

Feb 22, 2024, 2:01:01 PMFeb 22
to WoAD Support
WoAD v1.4.93 is now available for download at https://woad.sumusltd.com/download

Changes in this version include:
  • Add support for WA8DED compatible TNCs
  • Add support for Packet Audio AFSK, 300 bps modulation
  • Fix termination of Packet KISS USB session when USB device is unplugged
  • Fix recall of Packet KISS USB session port over unplug-plug cycle
  • Fix checking of recipient addresses on outgoing messages by allowing SHARES, MARS, etc. addresses
  • Fix potential deadlock when terminating AX.25 session when internal timer is triggered at the same time
  • Fix bug in AX.25 duplex mode: in particular documentation refers to timer T103 when it should be T105
  • Improve selection of audio packet volume, by using SeekBar in place of EditText
  • Update Winlink standard templates (1.0.248)

The latest version has also been submitted to the Google Play Store - it can take up to 7 days for them to review and roll out.

And just as a heads up the Android libraries are slowly dropping support for anything older than Android KitKat (4.4, API 19) so in an upcoming release the minimum requirement for WoAD will have to change from Android 4.1 to Android 4.4.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Andrew
VA7YAA

Wolf Höller

Feb 23, 2024, 4:43:07 AMFeb 23
to WoAD Support
Hi Andrew!

The downloadlink points me to the latest version 1.4.90 and not to 1.4.93

73 de Wolf

WoAD Support

Feb 23, 2024, 11:16:40 AMFeb 23
to WoAD Support
Hi Wolf,

Unfortunately the v1.4.93 release crashed when starting a packet session, so I rolled everything back to the 1.4.90 release. 1.4.94 will be out shortly.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

WoAD Support

Feb 23, 2024, 11:50:50 AMFeb 23
to WoAD Support
WoAD v1.4.94 is now available for download at https://woad.sumusltd.com/download

Changes in this version include:
  • Fix crash when running packet session
And changes from v1.4.93 include:

  • Add support for WA8DED compatible TNCs
  • Add support for Packet Audio AFSK, 300 bps modulation
  • Fix termination of Packet KISS USB session when USB device is unplugged
  • Fix recall of Packet KISS USB session port over unplug-plug cycle
  • Fix checking of recipient addresses on outgoing messages by allowing SHARES, MARS, etc. addresses
  • Fix potential deadlock when terminating AX.25 session when internal timer is triggered at the same time
  • Fix bug in AX.25 duplex mode: in particular documentation refers to timer T103 when it should be T105
  • Improve selection of audio packet volume, by using SeekBar in place of EditText
  • Update Winlink standard templates (1.0.248)

The latest version has also been submitted to the Google Play Store - it can take up to 7 days for them to review and roll out.

My apologies for the premature 1.4.93 release.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Andrew
VA7YAA

Wolf Hoeller

Feb 23, 2024, 3:06:30 PMFeb 23
to WoAD Support
Hi Andrew!

Unfortunately the APK canntot be installed due to conflict with the existing package (v 1.4.90).
But when I deinstall the 1.4.90 all settings will be deleted, am I right?

73 de Wolf, oe7ftj

WoAD Support

Feb 23, 2024, 3:19:56 PMFeb 23
to WoAD Support
Hi Wolf,

One possibility is that your current installation of WoAD is from the Google Play Store. If so you should just wait for the latest release to roll out there. Hopefully just a day or two.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA