D74 Kiss12 and Woad Not Working

Brian Easter

Mar 25, 2024, 7:49:29 PMMar 25
to WoAD Support
I have followed as best as possible the documentation and many youtube videos and still cannot get the outbox to send. Bluetooth is paired and connecting fine. I am on the aprs frequency 144.390 and gps is also on. Any help is appreciated. Logs and screen shots are attached. I am running the newest release of Woad.
WoAD_session_2024-03-25 23-32-14.xml
WoAD_log_2024-03-25 23-32-02.txt

WoAD Support

Mar 25, 2024, 8:32:56 PMMar 25
to WoAD Support
Hi Brian,

From the information at https://www.winlink.org/RMSChannels it looks like the Winlink RMS N4CEC-10 is at 145.090 MHz.
More info about the RMS is available here: https://www.w4car.org/cars-on-the-air

Hope that helps,

Andrew

Brian Easter

Mar 29, 2024, 11:16:44 AMMar 29
to WoAD Support
I followed your direction and manually set the vfo to 145.090. The msg is still not sending. I am within 2 miles of the winlink gw. I attached my most recent session and log files here.
WoAD_log_2024-03-29 14-13-23.txt
WoAD_sessions_2024-03-29 13-22-35.xml

Brian Easter

Mar 29, 2024, 11:16:48 AMMar 29
to WoAD Support
Does the port need to be something other than 0? I am 2 miles from the winlink gw and set the vfo to 145.090 in simplex and the msg will still not go out. I tried multiple winlink gw's.

WoAD Support

Mar 29, 2024, 12:14:04 PMMar 29
to WoAD Support
The KISS Port number should be left at 0.

From the logs there is no response from the Winlink RMS to your connection request. So either the Winlink RMS is not hearing you, or you are not hearing the response.
Until that initial connection is made there can be no attempt to exchange messages. So the tricky bit is working out where the problem lies.

Its obviously tricky to diagnose connection problems at a distance, but I would suggest that you try the following:
* first check that you are transmitting on the correct band. You have this configured in WoAD, but you should confirm that you have the RMS frequency programmed for the same band on the TH-D74. Feel free to send a picture of the D74 screen during an active session if in doubt
* check that the D74 is actually transmitting (LED "A" or "B" on top of radio lights up red while outgoing packet is transmitted)
* if that looks okay, use a second radio to listen in on the RMS frequency and confirm that you can hear the outgoing packet.
* if you can hear the outgoing packet can you also hear the packet in response from the Winlink RMS
* if you can hear the incoming packet do you see the "A" or "B" LED turn green while the incoming packet is being received by the D74

Others may have useful tips as well, but that is all I can think of.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

Jozef Vanraepenbusch

Apr 2, 2024, 11:28:45 AMApr 2
to WoAD Support
What antenne are you using? Rubberduck or  other antenne?
73!
Jef
ON8NT