exporting contacts list

Michael Judy

Apr 17, 2024, 2:18:56 PMApr 17
to WoAD Support
While installing Winlink on a PC the other day, I had need of putting contacts into the new install so I thought I would export the list from WOAD and import into the PC version of winlink on the laptop.
When I export the contacts list in WOAD on my android phone, a quick notification pops up (message is cut-off so I cannot read it all!) and indicates that the list was exported and saved somewhere on the phone....(..data/com/0...something). I cannot find this location on the phone to then transfer the file to another device. Does anyone have an idea where this file went to? Access to file structure is pretty complicated due to security I assume, but still I cannot locate file.

If I may suggest, maybe WOAD could export to something easily found such as 'downloads' or an SD Card installed or something readily available?

Phone is Samsung Galaxy A54, Android version 14.

Thanks
Mike
KG7MYX

WoAD Support

Apr 17, 2024, 6:10:32 PMApr 17
to WoAD Support
Hi Mike,

If you miss the notification popup you can always read it from the Logs screen (select Logs from the top menu).

You can select where all files exported from WoAD are saved to. From the top menu select Settings... Export location...
Then to select the Download folder, tap on Storage and select Shared, then tap on Directory and select the Download folder.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

Michael Judy

Apr 18, 2024, 10:20:26 AMApr 18
to WoAD Support
Excellent. I will adjust and move on! Thank you.