Brick wall , requesting guidance.

Al Szymanski

Mar 29, 2021, 3:33:01 PM3/29/21
to WoAD Support
Good day all. I have yet to be able to get WoAD work with the Mobilinkd 3 to make a connection with any of my local RMS nodes. Yesterday, I brought up APRSDroid and successfully received locations as well as sending SMSGTE messages. With this , I am confident that the radio works, the TNC works and the bluetooth connection between my tablet and the TNC works. So , I am figuring that there is a software issue that I have not set correctly. With that in mind, I'm going to dump as much of the configuration that I can to give you all the info that you might need. Prolly, TMI, but there you have it.

Radio : Anytone 3318UVC. No tones, No VOX, No Offset, Squelch OPEN. Fresh battery.
Frequency for closest RMS is 145.070 ,  K7MAR-10.
Frequency for next RMS is 144.970 , W7PLK-10.

WoAD Settings:

Call Sign : K7AOZ
SSID : BLANK
Winlink Password : works in telnet mode just fine.
Log entries : 2 weeks
Message template : [1,5]
Position ( Manual )

Session Settings:
Name : MarCo
Session Protocol : Packet ( Outgoing )
Session Settings : K7MAR-10 [Bluetooth KISS]
Destination Address : K7MAR-10
K7MAR
SSID : 10
Via : Digipeater 1
Run Script ( none )
Script ( none )
TNC Settings [1200,500,128,4,4,64,400,10]
1200 baud
Tx Delay : 500ms
Max Packet Length : 128
Max outstanding frames : 4
Frack time : 4
Persistence : 64
Slot time : 400
Max Retries : 10
TNC Type : KISS
Bluetooth (KISS)
TNC Configuration
TNC3 Mobilinkd
KISS Port ; 0
Settings : TNC3 Mobilinkd
Auto-Connect : None
Notes : 145.070

Second RMS setup is identical except for Call Sign, SSID and Notes.

Logs show nothing amiss :  Nothing logged after starting a session, only when closing a session.
Thanks in advance.
Al
K7AOZ

Andrew Walker

Mar 30, 2021, 8:13:15 PM3/30/21
to WoAD Support
Hi Al,

A couple of things that might help:

In the Packet (Outgoing) screen for the session do you see anything under TNC configuration? There should be a summary line indicating that you are actually paired with the mobilinkd device.

In the logs view do you have Packet checked? Won't fix the problem but will enable you to see any attempts on the part of WoAD to send packets. I would expect you to be able to see several lines that look like:
"K7MAR-10 < K7AOZ-0 [last] C|R=Command U_SetAsyncBlancedMode P/F=T"

You should be able to see ten of these, given that you have set Max Retries to 10 - although it would take a while to work its way through all the retries.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

Al Szymanski

Mar 31, 2021, 10:32:56 PM3/31/21
to WoAD Support
Good day Andrew. I've attached three images. I see that WoAD is connected to the Mobilinkd 3 and is in KISS protocol. Log shows no attempts at connection despite triggering a burst of transmission ( which sounds like what I am accustomed to hearing ). Also tried with and without Digipeater 1 set and unset. Standing by.
Screenshot_2021-03-31-19-21-43.png
Screenshot_2021-03-31-19-26-31.png
Screenshot_2021-03-31-19-21-31.png

Andrew Walker

Apr 13, 2021, 2:26:43 PM4/13/21
to WoAD Support
Hi Al,

Given that you hear a burst of transmission it sounds as if packets are being sent from WoAD to the mobilinkd and from the mobilinkd to the radio.

I don't see any outgoing packets in the log though. This may be because you don't have Packet logging switched on. If you look at your Screenshot_2021-03-31-19-26-31.png you need to click on the three vertical dots to the right of "APRS" at the bottom right of the screen. Then you should ensure that "Packet" and "Other packet" are both checked.

One possible problem is that in your original email you had:

Session Settings : K7MAR-10 [Bluetooth KISS]
Destination Address : K7MAR-10
K7MAR
SSID : 10
Via : Digipeater 1
Run Script ( none )
Script ( none )

I suspect that you did not mean to check Via: Digipeater 1 here. If it is indeed checked you should uncheck it and try running things again. The software should really issue some kind of warning in this situation and will hopefully do so in a future release.

Hope that is of some help. All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA