SHARES

Jeremy Taylor

Jan 19, 2024, 3:10:19 PMJan 19
to woad-s...@googlegroups.com
Trying to reply to a SHARES message sent to me and WoAD says "Please give a valid email address, call sign or tactical address."

Updated to the latest version and still no dice.

If it's not valid how did I receive the message I'm replying to? Would also be good to have the ability to send to a SHARES station.

I saw on the list that this has come up before. Can't we let the backend handle validity checking?

Jeremy Taylor
K1JST
Screenshot_20240119-143125.png

WoAD Support

Jan 19, 2024, 6:12:50 PMJan 19
to WoAD Support
Hi Jeremy,

SHARES is not something I'm familiar with. I did try and track down a definition for a valid SHARES address, but couldn't find anything useful online. If you have a reference that covers this that would be great.

The primary reason for checking the recipient address before sending a message is to catch a typo before taking up the on-air bandwidth.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

Wolf Höller

Jan 20, 2024, 5:09:12 PMJan 20
to WoAD Support
Hi all!

All user of non-hamradio calls have same problem with checking callsigns. We in the Austrian Red Cross are using callsigns like OEH12 or OEH123 or OEH1234. The OE is mandatory and the H can vary.
But this pattern is different to SHARES or MARS callsigns.
A way to solve the problem could be a checkmark when composing the mail if it is a ham or non-ham addressee.

73 de Wolf, oe7ftj

WoAD Support

Jan 21, 2024, 7:54:24 PMJan 21
to WoAD Support
Hi Wolf,

Many thanks for the info. For now I will go with any alphanumeric sequence between 3 and 10 characters in length.
Hopefully that will catch everything else. The relaxed check for recipients in an outgoing message should be added for the next release of WoAD.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

Wolf Höller

Jan 22, 2024, 5:48:41 PMJan 22
to WoAD Support
Hi Andrew,

thank you for further improvements of WoAd.

73 Wolf, EA8/OE7FTJ