Aux callsign

Wolf Höller

Sep 29, 2023, 4:52:17 PM9/29/23
to WoAD Support
Hi Andrew et al!

Beside my personal amateur radio callsign I'm using an aux callsign from our Austrian Red Cross HF-radio-network volunteering the disaster relief. The usage is not permanent, but in exercises and missions.
Unfortunately this aux callsigns are not allowed in the setup. Can you tell me why?

73 de Wolf, OE7FTJ

.

Andrew Walker

Sep 29, 2023, 5:50:07 PM9/29/23
to WoAD Support
Hi Wolf,

You can configure auxiliary call signs and tactical addresses from the main (top) menu under Settings... Auxiliary call signs and tactical addresses. To add a new call sign/address use the + (Add) menu item from the lower menu.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

Wolf Höller

Sep 30, 2023, 3:55:46 AM9/30/23
to WoAD Support
Hi Andrew,

tnx for your answer. But when I insert a non-ham callsign in the MARS/SHARES style an error message tells me to enter a valid callsign. I assume, that the callsign check is for hamradio calls only.

73 de Wolf, OE7FTJ

Andrew Walker

Sep 30, 2023, 11:51:43 AM9/30/23
to WoAD Support
Hi Wolf,

I've heard of the MARS/SHARES system, but this is about the limit of my knowledge and while google does reveal some info none of them are particular illuminating from the implementation point of view.

WoAD currently has no specific support for the MARS/SHARES system, but I would be happy to investigate adding it if you could point me to an appropriate resource.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

Don VA7QU Poaps

Sep 30, 2023, 12:01:16 PM9/30/23
to Andrew Walker, WoAD Support

Contact Steve Kern. He is involved with the 39 Battalion as VA7RSM. You may know him when he comes to Field Day either in St John Ambulance uniform or his military uniform.

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7...@winlink.org
Subject://wl2k

ALLSTAR  530780
Hamshack Hotline
5971
Mid-Island Phone Mesh
2210
2232

Wolf Höller

Sep 30, 2023, 1:02:52 PM9/30/23
to WoAD Support
Hi Andrew!

Ham-callsigns and non-ham callsigns are different. I believe the exact definition can be find in the ITU Radio Regulations.

But as a first information:
OE7FTJ or 9A1ABC or S53ABC = are ham callsigns
OEH1234 or  NNN3ABC or DEK31 = are non-ham callsigns

In WL2k-Express I can setup such non-ham callsigns and work on dedicated non-ham frequencies.

As Don said, maybe you can talk to a more informed person near by you.

Tnx for WoAD :-)

Wolf