WoAD v1.4.84 is now available...

Andrew Walker

Jul 13, 2023, 11:49:16 AM7/13/23
to WoAD Support
WoAD v1.4.84 is now available for download at https://woad.sumusltd.com/download

Changes in this version (since v1.4.78) include:

* Fix seemingly random crashes by extending from MultiDexApplication instead of Application
* Fix freeze at startup reported on some devices running Android 12 and newer
* Add support for GPSValid, GPSLatitude, and GPSLongitude  template insertion tags
* Fix exporting of messages to Winlink xml format
* Fix formatting of latitude in position reports to avoid rejection by Winlink servers
* Fix crash from race condition when adding template message to database if message is created and immediately saved
* Update Winlink standard templates (1.0.234)

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

And my apologies for the flurry of releases in the last few days.

Andrew
VA7YAA

Brian Chapnick

Jul 13, 2023, 12:38:04 PM7/13/23
to Andrew Walker, WoAD Support
How do you do an update?

Brian VE3GMZ

Ole Helgerson

Jul 13, 2023, 12:45:31 PM7/13/23
to Brian Chapnick, Andrew Walker, WoAD Support
Hi all, no computer wizard here, I just followed the update prompts and.....bingo.  not a full install apparently, just the parts that were changed I'm guessing.

Easy peasy for this old dog.

Thx for easy process.  :)

73 ki7mbr ole

Andrew Walker

Jul 13, 2023, 1:37:46 PM7/13/23
to WoAD Support
Hi Brian,

If you installed WoAD from the Google Play Store then WoAD should update automatically. If you downloaded it from https://woad.sumusltd.com/download then you can return there to download and install the latest version.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

Randy

Jul 13, 2023, 2:36:56 PM7/13/23
to woad-s...@googlegroups.com
I missed the fact that WoAD became available in the Play Store.

If I were to start using that avenue, would it conflict with what I
already have installed from downloading the APK from your site?

73

Randy KA0AZS

On 7/13/2023 13:37, Andrew Walker wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> If you installed WoAD from the Google Play Store then WoAD should
> update automatically. If you downloaded it
> from https://woad.sumusltd.com/download then you can return there to
> download and install the latest version.
>
> All the best,
>
> Andrew
> VA7YAA

Andrew Walker

Jul 13, 2023, 2:56:58 PM7/13/23
to WoAD Support
Hi Randy,

My understanding is that as I'm using Google Play signing the Play Store version will refuse to install over the apk version. I think the only option would be to uninstall the apk install before you install from the Play Store.

All the best,

Andrew
VA7YAA

Randy

Jul 13, 2023, 3:05:23 PM7/13/23
to woad-s...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Andrew

Good to know.  Maybe some day. Running the new .apk isn't that much of an issue for me.

For now it's good that I can point folks with less interest in playing with .apks to the Play Store.

73

Randy KA0AZS

Brian Chapnick

Jul 13, 2023, 5:10:06 PM7/13/23
to Andrew Walker, WoAD Support
Thanks. Playstore version installed as you suggested.

Brian VE3GMZ