Looking for Rat breeder in the Rochester area.

Robby

Oct 27, 2006, 5:18:06 PM10/27/06
Excuse the repost. Still looking and not everyone, (at least not the right
person yet) may have seen it a month ago.

I'm looking for information on any rat breeders in this area please. I'm
interested in ones that hand rear the babies and breed for temperament and
health.

Seriously.

Rats make great pets. They love people and are clean and very social.

Thanks,
Rob

Scaly Lizard

Oct 28, 2006, 4:22:06 AM10/28/06

Hi Rob,

I saw your first message, but figured that it was pretty easy to
find good rats around town. And you're right: rats are very
friendly if they're raised, not just bred for science and feeding
snakes! I had nine mice once, and they were great pets.
Dumb, but fun. Rats are much smarter and more affectionate.

Unless you're set on a brand new rat, give Ratzo Rescue a
call. They have over 30 rats available for adoption right now.
They charge a modest $5.50 for adoption, and the pics look
like they're all cute as a button. See below for contact info.

Best rat info page: http://www.afrma.org/rmindex.htm

And here are some local breeders. Lots of broken weblinks,
so No Promises that they're all in business today, but....

MaryZ's Rattery -- Mary
Rochester, NY
http://www.maryz.goosemoose.com/index.html
ma...@goosemoose.com
"I'm a small scale rattery in the Rochester, NY area. I've
been raising rats for almost four years and have decided
to start breeding. I'll only breed rats with exceptional
temperament, health and beauty. There are enough average
rats out there; I want mine to stand out in a crowd!"
(ratster.com describes Mary as "no longer breeding")

ratsRus Rattery (aka RattiesRattery) -- Tammie Peck
Hilton/Rochester, NY
392-7012
http://us.geocities.com/wats_rule/home.html
meeko...@ratworld.com
wats...@yahoo.com
patandt...@yahoo.com
"I specialize in lots of varieties. My ratties are bred for health
and temperment before anything else. They are also bred
for personality and intelligence. I will ship at buyers expense."

Richland Rattery -- Joell A. Calcagno,
Rochester, NY
224-0533
http://www.eclecticmess.com/
rattyl...@yahoo.com
"Breeding rats for temperament and health. I breed both dumbos
and standard rats. May also have hairless dumbos at times, and
manx occasionally."
(ratster.com describes RR as "no longer breeding")

Mystic Rattery -- Heather
Rochester, NY
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hollow/8343/index.html
Jen...@hotmail.com
icq#20819060 or AOLIM=HeatheRat

Spoiled B-Rats Rattery -- Jordan
Webster, NY
http://hometown.aol.com/jordan5995/myhomepage/pet.html (broken link)
jor...@aol.com

Suebee's World: Rats Rule!
Rochester, NY
http://www.geocities.com/suebee277/rat/ (broken link)
sueb...@yahoo.com

Valerie's Rats
Rochester, NY
-- no further info, sorry

Ratzo Rescue
Winchester St.
Rochester, NY 14615
(585) 865-2087 - Please DO NOT call before 9am or after 9pm
http://www.ratzorescue.com/index.html
Con...@Ratzorescue.com
"At Ratzo Rescue we match a plethora of furry friends with just
the perfect human companion who shares your interests. Do
you like shoulder riding and car driving? Are you the type of
ratzo who likes to have a quiet night at home snuggling with
your favorite human? Or are you the party outgoing sorta rat
who likes to get out and see the world, taste new things and
take pictures of your trips with your human friends? We have
it all!"

Elsewhere in upstate New York:

Darlin’ Dumbos -- Krissy and Nancy
Buffalo, New York
716-875-7397
www.darlindumbos.com (no content here)
kri...@adelphia.net and Nancy-r...@localnet.com
"We breed dumbos and other rats. Our website contains
both of our email addresses as well as information regarding
ratties. Please check out our website."

Rat-Topia -- Donna Payne (RFC & RMCA)
2891 Peters Corners Rd
Alden NY 14004 (Alden is close to Buffalo)
www.rat-topia.com (broken link, also broken is rattopia.net)
ratt...@rochester.rr.com
"Breeds smooth and Dumbo, blue, fawn, agouti, platinum,
Siamese, rex and patchwork hairless."

Adirondack Rattery
adironda...@gmail.com

There are other ratteries in Ithaca, Syracuse and Binghampton.

This guy on Park Avenue has rat supplies:
http://rochester.craigslist.org/pet/223127904.html

Other than those, this looks like an active rattery, with new
rats listed as available for adoption today, October 28th, 2006:

tath...@gmail.com breeds hairless rats (not the same as African
Naked Mole Rats), and has a new litter available, born on Sept.
10th. Advertises that they're "PETS ONLY, no feeders please"
so these are definitely hand-raised. If you don't want a furless
rat, then at least "tathiela" should know who you can contact,
and since the rats are listed TODAY, the email addy should be
good, heh.

And if all else fails, try the rat forums at:
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat

Hope that helps,

SL

Robby

Oct 29, 2006, 1:30:02 AM10/29/06
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 08:22:06 GMT, Scaly Lizard <scaly...@nospampleaseyho.com>
wrote:

>Hi Rob,
>
>I saw your first message, but figured that it was pretty easy to
>find good rats around town. And you're right: rats are very
>friendly if they're raised, not just bred for science and feeding
>snakes! I had nine mice once, and they were great pets.
>Dumb, but fun. Rats are much smarter and more affectionate.

Thanks for the info, and you're right, it is easy to find those kinds of rats. I
was in PetCo just tonight and they had some nice looking rats, but you know they
aren't handled and haven't been. Their health is another questionable topic.
I've "rescued" rats from pet stores before myself, but have had nothing but
problems with them. I'm not sorry for doing it, but I'd rather not go through
that again unless it is for a good cause - like rescuing them from being sold as
feeders or such. Ya can't save them all though.

>Unless you're set on a brand new rat, give Ratzo Rescue a
>call. They have over 30 rats available for adoption right now.
>They charge a modest $5.50 for adoption, and the pics look
>like they're all cute as a button. See below for contact info.

Mo, I'm not set on a new one, and I will check out the names you listed. It's
not an up to date list as one breeder, (I took all her "inventory" for her) went
out of business long ago. Long being about three years ago now. She called me
frantic because she had to find homes for hers that day, so I volunteered to
take them all. When it was done, I had 14 rats in my apartment! I'm down to just
two now and they are nearing the end of their lives. Two of their brothers have
already passed, so it won't be long for the others. I'm only looking for two
more to keep. Gotta keep them at least in pairs so they don't get depressed
because of being lonely for their own kinds company. Just an FYI for anyone
reading this.

Oh yeah, the breeder was Tammie Peck if anyone wants to know which one is no
longer in the biz.

Thanks again,
Rob

Scaly Lizard

Oct 29, 2006, 1:49:34 AM10/29/06

My mice were "wild"... they'd been getting into the fridge,
so i trapped them in there. And you're right, the first one
into the cage was pretty sullen, until i caught another one,
then they were both cozy friends. With 3 or four, they'd
all sleep at the same time, but with more than that, it was
a never-ending circus. Lots of fun watching who's chasing
who, which ones bonded with each other, etc.

SL

newsgr...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2006, 10:21:35 AM11/3/06

Article about pet rats in today's Nashville Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006611030340

Robby

Nov 5, 2006, 12:11:12 AM11/5/06
On 3 Nov 2006 07:21:35 -0800, "newsgr...@gmail.com"
<newsgr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Article about pet rats in today's Nashville Tennessean:
>
>http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006611030340

Thanks so much KD for the link. It was a good general information story about
rats that was very accurate. Especially about how they need the company of other
rats, and how smart they are.

I really appreciate the heads up about the article.

Rob

winb...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2014, 6:37:21 PM7/19/14
Rob, my name is Breanna and you can contact me at (585)519-9999. I own a new rattery in the Rochester, NY area but have owned rats for years, all of my males and females are in wonderful health or else i wouldn't have bred them, at the moment i have black Berkshires, black and agouti hooded. All colors are available as males and females.

have a wonderful day and please feel free to text or call with any questions,
Breanna

beataol...@yahoo.com

Jan 23, 2019, 7:09:10 PM1/23/19
Hi
I am interested in getting hairless Girl rat , i’ve tried different websites I was wondering if there’s any that you might have more information how I can get One
Please let me know and thank you