Scoring Points

Nick Birchmeier

Dec 31, 2011, 3:23:48 PM12/31/11
to Wrestling Nerd Users Group
Is there any way to set how many points a team gets for getting a
fall, tech fall, major decision, or decision?

Ed Ratcliff

Dec 31, 2011, 8:31:24 PM12/31/11
to wn...@googlegroups.com, Nick Birchmeier
Nick,

You will need to send Pete Parente an email. He is the author of the software. We can not adjust match scoring or anything preset in the program. I have written scripts for different types of tournaments that work with the software. You can adjust tournament scoring but that's all as far as I know.

Ed Ratcliff

Nick Birchmeier

Dec 31, 2011, 9:03:11 PM12/31/11
to Wrestling Nerd Users Group
Ed,
Thank you so much for the help. Another quick question, could you
explain the match orders a little more? Im trying to write a layout
that is 16 seed but has the semi final losers droping to a match for
third and fourth in stead of back into the consolation round which
should be for fifth and sixth. I got the rounds the way i would like
them and saved the layout but when i go to open the program it
freezes. Im not to certain this is my issue but everything else I feel
comfortable with. Thank you so much again for any help

Nick

On Dec 31, 8:31 pm, Ed Ratcliff <btwrestl...@fuse.net> wrote:
> Nick,
>
> You will need to send Pete Parente an email. He is the author of the software. We can not adjust match scoring or anything preset in the program. I have written scripts for different types of tournaments that work with the software. You can adjust tournament scoring but that's all as far as I know.
>
> Ed Ratcliff
>
> ---- Nick Birchmeier <nbirchmeie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Is there any way to set how many points a team gets for getting a
> > fall, tech fall, major decision, or decision?- Hide quoted text -

Peter Parente

Dec 31, 2011, 9:57:44 PM12/31/11
to wn...@googlegroups.com, nbirch...@gmail.com
Nick,

There is no easy way to change the points for each type of win. I
never got around to making it configurable. You'd have to change the
code.

The doc for writing your own layouts isn't the best. You can look at
the other layouts here:

https://github.com/parente/wnerd/tree/master/layouts

I believe Ed wrote a few of them. If either of you come up with better
instructions about how to create them, I'll gladly post them on the
site with your names on it.

Pete

--
Pete

Ed Ratcliff

Jan 1, 2012, 10:26:03 AM1/1/12
to wn...@googlegroups.com, Peter Parente
Nick,

Send me your new script you are trying to write ,so I can take a look at it. Maybe together we can come up with a solution to fix it. In the beginning for me it was alot of trial and error. It could be a format issue or a missing text line. Take a look at the others scripts on the link that Pete sent you and compare them to what you are doing. The software does have it's limitations. But I have been using it for a couple years and it works great...

Let me know if I can help more.
Ed Ratcliff