Re: cross bracketing?

Ed Ratcliff

Jan 18, 2011, 7:08:50 AM1/18/11
to wn...@googlegroups.com, dorn94
Cross bracketing is designed into the tournament layout. The size of the tournament will determine when the cross bracketing occurs. 8-man bracket (cross bracketing occurs in Semi-finals. 32-man double elimination occurs in round of 16. But using Wrestling Nerd you shouldn't have to move anybody manually as long as your tournament layout is correct.

---- dorn94 <dorni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> Is there a way to manually switch wrestlers around in the consolation
> rounds to avoid wrestlers facing each other a second time before the
> place match? If so, how is that done?

dorn94

Jan 18, 2011, 5:36:57 PM1/18/11
to Wrestling Nerd Users Group
The built in cross bracketing solves 90% of the problems but using the
16 man bracket you still can end up with a conflict at consolation
semifinals. So, is there any way to do a manual switch following
tournament S.O.P.? I hate to have to hand write bout sheets and muck
up the brackets (and manually score the rest of the way). Also, we
sometimes have 8 team tourneys w/ 2 wrestlers per weight class and we
want to avoid them meeting until a place match. It would be nice to be
able to manually move wrestlers. Any thoughts?
> > place match? If so, how is that done?- Hide quoted text -

Ed Ratcliff

Jan 19, 2011, 7:08:19 AM1/19/11
to wn...@googlegroups.com, dorn94
I'm sorry, I guess your right I didn't really answer your question. As far as I know, after you have started the tournament it is set to flow with the layout. Manually moving a wrestler is almost impossible. If you attempt to change the layout to cross bracket twice in the same tournament it will work but you may run into the same problem in a different weight class. The change in the layout would change the whole format of the tournament. When you enter your wrestlers in the bracket that sets the position of the wrestler. The only way to change a wrestler's position is to re -enter that wrestler on a different seed line. Which would cause you to scramble your bracket. There is no real easy way to prevent the occasional consolation rematch in a tournament.